July 10th MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwsapphire

Office of the medical examiner.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
What it says on the Tin. I'm doing my MCAT July 10th, and am planning to apply half DO and half MD.

I already started studying ( slowly) months ago, and will take my first FL next Mon. Planning on doing 7 FL's total, as well as "free standing" practice Q's like the Section Bank and QPacks, as well as some NS practice tests broken into sections. My schedule is planned out and it looks like I'll make it. Content reveiw is mostly done, QPacks are halfway done with good scores, SB I haven't done yet.

I'm thinking of starting on my AMCAS/ACOMAS app and prewriting secondaries as soon as the MCAT itself is over. Planning to apply 2019-2020 cycle.

Is this sound? My advisor said it should be just barely fine, especially since I'm doing DO ( will only apply MD if I do well enough on the MCAT), I just don't have time for a retake.

Thoughts? Just wanna make sure I'm not missing something.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
What it says on the Tin. I'm doing my MCAT July 10th, and am planning to apply half DO and half MD.

I already started studying ( slowly) months ago, and will take my first FL next Mon. Planning on doing 7 FL's total, as well as "free standing" practice Q's like the Section Bank and QPacks, as well as some NS practice tests broken into sections. My schedule is planned out and it looks like I'll make it. Content reveiw is mostly done, QPacks are halfway done with good scores, SB I haven't done yet.

I'm thinking of starting on my AMCAS/ACOMAS app and prewriting secondaries as soon as the MCAT itself is over. Planning to apply 2019-2020 cycle.

Is this sound? My advisor said it should be just barely fine, especially since I'm doing DO ( will only apply MD if I do well enough on the MCAT), I just don't have time for a retake.

Thoughts? Just wanna make sure I'm not missing something.
START the application once the MCAT is done? You won't be submitting until late July, verified by late august...secondaries won't be all in until late september at the earliest.

I would highly recommend you work 50/50 on the application and MCAT studying between June 1 and June 15, submit the application June 15 and then resume full time MCAT. Only submit to one dumper school MD. The timeline should be fine for DO.

Reactions: 1 users
START the application once the MCAT is done? You won't be submitting until late July, verified by late august...secondaries won't be all in until late september at the earliest.

I would highly recommend you work 50/50 on the application and MCAT studying between June 1 and June 15, submit the application June 15 and then resume full time MCAT. Only submit to one dumper school MD. The timeline should be fine for DO.
Ooo that's better. I will do that. I guess I more meant I'll be 100 focused on MCAT for at least the next few weeks, and was unsure on whether I should start my app in June or not. The bulk of my MCAT prep will be done before June. I will do what you said. And yeah I was hoping for DO this shouldn't be an issue at all. My GPA makes me great for DO, okay for MD, so since I'm leaning more heavily on DO I think I'm fine.