July 31st/Aug 5th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biohzd79

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to DO schools and just completed my SMP at UMDNJ. I have a previous MCAT score of 23 and a 3.23uGPA. I am scheduled to take the MCAT July 17th but am not ready. I know the key is to apply early but how much will I be at a disadvantage if I take the mcat around July 31st-Aug 5th?

Would this work? I apply now with my old MCAT score, and let schools know if they aren't going to offer me an interview with my 23, hold out and wait for my Aug 5th score?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm kinda in the same situation with you. I did horribly the first time and my practice tests are ranging around 22-24 right now. :( sucks! I decided to postpone 'cause I wouldn't wanna risk waiting another year if I don't do well this time. I changed mine from 17th to Aug 5 already. Hoping for near 30s by the end of the month :xf:
Take the MCAT only when you feel ready, multiple low scores would have them question ur abilities.
I personally think that the application is not late if you have everything ready, the score will come on Sept 8. Hopefully with good score, you might have a secondary sent u around the end of sept., u'd get interviews at the end of Oct or sometime in Nov.
The thing is most schools don't start interviewing in Oct, so taking it on Aug 5 would make me/us right on with the time line. not late!

Anybody?

cry_smiley.png

Last edited: