July MCAT too late for entry in 2009????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tokyoalisa1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am currently registered to take the June 2008 MCAT for entry in 2009 but I don't think a month would give me enough time to prepare for the MCAT. Would taking the MCAT on July 8th hurt my chances of applying this year?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

im in your same bought. I don't think its a problem. i think as long as application are at school by august should be good to go.

Can someone with more knowledge further answer this though?

Hi. I am currently registered to take the June 2008 MCAT for entry in 2009 but I don't think a month would give me enough time to prepare for the MCAT. Would taking the MCAT on July 8th hurt my chances of applying this year?

Thanks!

no it won't hurt your chances as long as you make sure the rest of your AMCAS is done before then. try and get your AMCAS done as soon possible...it wont matter if you don't have a score yet, just have it complete and ready to go so that all you will need to do is get your MCAT score sent and you will be complete.

if you wait til after you get your score to fill/submit your AMCAS you are cutting it close.

this is what i ahve been told by everyone I have talked to regarding this matter. I'm gonna have my AMCAS done by early June but wont get my MCAT score back til late June. and even then, if i need to retake it, i will notify the schools I am doing that.

Members don't see this ad :)
i had my AMCAS down by the end of june, and i took the july 13th mcat. so far i am holding acceptances, so it can be done. just get those secondaries in by the end of august at the latest (if possible).

i took the july 21st MCAT, didnt get my AMCAS in until end of august and wasnt complete everywhere until between september to november and am also holding multiple acceptances so its possible.

me too.. I had my aamc done and verified before I Took the july 8th mcats then started writing essays... some are available on line as of June 1st so when my mcat came in I was able to send it off right away. some schools take a month or more to complete also you can send in your ref June 1st this will speed things up a bit. I was complete at my last school mid Sept. I am holding 7 accept. and a few wait lists. gl

As everybody else has already said, get your AMCAS in as early as possible. The latest you should get that in is July. Otherwise, you should be okay since it only takes 4 weeks after administration for scores to be put on the AMCAS and sent to the school. Plus, don't forget to stay on top of LORs from individual professors, research supervisors, or physicians as well as the committee letter from your undergrad, if you have one.

As everybody else has already said, get your AMCAS in as early as possible. The latest you should get that in is July. Otherwise, you should be okay since it only takes 4 weeks after administration for scores to be put on the AMCAS and sent to the school. Plus, don't forget to stay on top of LORs from individual professors, research supervisors, or physicians as well as the committee letter from your undergrad, if you have one.

july's a good deadline to keep...i submitted mine in the 3rd wk of july...even if you get it in at the end of july, you'll be slightly early (probably not early in comparison to the applicants on this forum though)

I took the July 24th abomination last year and my prehealth committee delayed my recommendations until September. I was finally complete mid-September but managed to get 7 interview invitations and an acceptance. Obviously be complete early, but people here will have you believe August is when the last train leaves.

I'm taking the MCAT for the second time on May 27th. Since I planned on applying last year, but decided to take the MCAT again this year, I have my personal statement, LORs etc done. My question is, if I send in my AMCAS June 1st before my new MCAT scores come in on June 27th, will I be rejected pre-secondary anywhere just based on my old scores? Otherwise, I figured that I would start doing some secondaries when they become available june 1st and submit them when I get my scores. Sound like a decent plan?

Thanks!

It can be done. I took my MCAT on July 24. Didn't get my primary out until early september and I was complete by the end of september. But I wouldn't recommend anyone to do that, I'm just saying its possible. :luck:

It can be done. I took my MCAT on July 24. Didn't get my primary out until early september and I was complete by the end of september. But I wouldn't recommend anyone to do that, I'm just saying its possible. :luck:
well not everybody can get a 43 MCAT.. but thanks..