July MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Scooby-Doo

is taking the MCAT in July 24 considered late for the 2008 matriculation?

Members don't see this ad.

is taking the MCAT in July 24 considered late for the 2008 matriculation?

I was also debating between the july date and the june date, I am leaning towards june because then I can have everything in by mid july. Also you have to figure that other people also are going to get in their applications earlier with the extra dates as well, so imo i would consider that date lil past the midway to late point

I was also debating between the july date and the june date, I am leaning towards june because then I can have everything in by mid july. Also you have to figure that other people also are going to get in their applications earlier with the extra dates as well, so imo i would consider that date lil past the midway to late point

I haven't really studied. This will be my second time taking the MONSTER. I'm afraid I might screw it up again. How long have you been studying for June? What materials are you using? Thanks

I haven't really studied. This will be my second time taking the MONSTER. I'm afraid I might screw it up again. How long have you been studying for June? What materials are you using? Thanks

I'm in the same boat scooby-doo (I posted a similar Q earlier today). I REALLY want to be ready, but given my course load this semester I dont think I could really dedicate myself to "hardcore" studying until at least mid-may. I want to take the June 15, but I dont know if 4 weeks is enough. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm taking it July 24 as well...I figure that that extra month might help since I can focus on nothing but MCAT...but I did take it in August 2006 so I already have a decent score, and I'm applying for MD/PhD, so not many programs are on rolling admissions.

I don't think July is overly late. You're always better off applying early, but it's certainly not impossible, considering that people get acceptances from the August MCAT.

I'm in the same boat scooby-doo (I posted a similar Q earlier today). I REALLY want to be ready, but given my course load this semester I dont think I could really dedicate myself to "hardcore" studying until at least mid-may. I want to take the June 15, but I dont know if 4 weeks is enough. :eek:

I did the same thing for the Jan MCAT. I was way too busy during the semester to study. The the holidays came and that was crazy so no studying until Jan 2nd. For the next three weeks I pretty much did nothing but eat, sleep, and study. When I walked into the exam I wished I had a couple of extra weeks to study. I had skipped topics because of time constraints and that was not a confidence booster.

I scored a 33. Be committed to serious studying and invest in a good luck charm. I wouldn't recommend this approach, but if that's what you've got to work with then that's what you have to go with. I used EK 5th Ed for study material and AAMC's practice exams. Good luck!