Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

June 13th mcat...need help!!!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by cateyezz, Jun 5, 2008.

1. cateyezz

Pre-Medical
    I m scheduled to take this frustrating test by june 13. my scores are not consistent. I am scoring 11 and 12 on PS and BS on aamc. But the kaplan PS is killing me. I get 10's on the day i am lucky. Today i got a 6 and i wanted to cry. I dont want to extend the test because i have been studying for this for the past six months. but i need some motivation going into this test. Help please??
    Also my VR fluctuates a lot. it ranges from 8-11. Am i in trouble? :scared:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Premed Worrier

Medical Student
    no you're not in trouble, jump into our 'Friday the 13th-- June Club' thread, the people there are very motivating and have great advice...

as for my opinion...your kaplan and aamc scaled scores should be similar as kaplan gives a huge curve...one 6 could be just a bad day..i wouldn't worry but check out that other thread...good luck

4. iA-MD2013

Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    That's because we're awesome :thumbup:

AAMC is all that matters!!! If the kaplan's are discouraging you, then stop taking them! The kaplan PS is ridiculously hard. Some people have scores that are lower, some have higher. So you're just one of those people who score lower on kaplan....no big deal! Learn from your mistakes. But use aamc to predict your score. :luck:

5. cateyezz

Pre-Medical
    thanks soo much guys! i was mopping around all day with that 6 lingering above my head....that really helps!

6. pheonix10

sooo after that verbal yesterday I didn't even bother checking the answers because I was disappointed with the result.... last night I was doing the EK verbals and it went well... so I just re-did the 10 verbal and this time got an 11... 12 questions more than what I got yesterday...although this could may well be attributed to already reading the passages I'm still happy !

7. iA-MD2013

Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    Hahah wrong thread, phoenix :p

8. pheonix10

haha whoops:p

9. Chuckwalla

Chuckwalla Junior Member

Pre-Medical
    Seconded, ignore the Kaplan. Use it to fill gaps in your knowledge but do not worry about the scores.