starflower

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I really don't know when to take it. I am getting really stressed with classes and MCAT studying, so I would like to have a month in summer to study. What do you guys think? Does it put students at a big disadvantage to take the MCAT later?

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If you think a month of extra study would have an impact on you score, definitely take that month. I'd apply 30 days later for even 1 extra MCAT point.

You'll still be completing secondaries by the time your score comes back. When people talk about late apps, they mean a lot later than that.

fido

10+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2006
nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
remmber it takes now 30 days instead of 60 days for scores to be out .so may be you r even

Strongbow

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
If you take it in June, you should make sure to have your AMCAS done and awaiting only the MCAT. My mistake was waiting to submit AMCAS until I got my scores. Oops...my app is still waiting to be reviewed at some places.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.