June 18, 2009 MCAT Official Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drudge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

This is just a post for all of us out there who are taking the June 18, 2009 MCAT Test!

First of all, I have been trying for an hour to get in, but the MCAT Registration site says

"Thank You for Your Patience" blah blah blah... wait for your turn!

Anyone else getting that out there?

*** UPDATE: Just got off the phone with MCAT folks and they said not to leave the webpage, or else you will lose your spot and they will open the registration link before noon.

********************** UPDATE 2: I just got in after having waiting since 8:05 AM this morning EST. I had turned on both my laptops and both the home computers. Just wait and you will get in. So, registered at 10:40AM

Once you sign in, everything is just normal! good luck!

*************************** AFTER TAKING TEST---

So friends, took the MCAT on June 18th @ 2PM

I signed in at 1:20PM, but was seated at 2:15PM, they had computer issues, but there were people who came after me and they went ahead of me, made me kind of nervous.

Overall, I felt okay, not good and not that bad.

PS - Some parts were good, but OMG, there were some where I was like, what the hell is this?

VR - WTF? Where do these passages crop up from? They are the most random passages. The one about Thoreau, Whitman was the most awkward one. However, the stupid passage on sperm whale topped in insanity and utter rubbish.

WR - The second prompt that related to dishonesty and friendship. How weird and awkward? I ended up writing about prostitution.

BS - O.M.G.! This was hard! This was harder than the PS in my view. There were some passages that were short, like 2 of them. But, there were one or two that were just tooooo long and weirdly detailed. The one with Colcine Acid or something like that that was injected into the mice, what the hell was that??

On Practice AAMC

PS - 8 to 10
VR - 9 or 10
BS - 9 to 10

Real MCAT Prediction - NO CLUE!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm also planning to write on this date and I am stuck on the same page as well. Me think the registration hasn't opened yet.

Hey, I'm also planning to write on this date and I am stuck on the same page as well. Me think the registration hasn't opened yet.

I remember that when I registered for the May exam, I got stuck on that same page for about 45 minutes, so registration may have started, it's just super busy! I am actually trying to move my exam date to June 18, since I found out I will not have to be at my summer job (boy's director at a summer camp) until June 22, so I will have more study time! :laugh: I guess I should get in line to register...

I've been wating for an hour as well. I have an exam today and will spend my time studying in the computer lab until this works!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got through and signed up...registration has opened. This is gonna be my 2nd time. 31R (12p/8v/11b) the first time. good luck, everyone.

I've been waiting for two hours now and have still not been able to register. How long did you have to wait for those who did get in?

Do we have to open the window AFTER registration opened? Cause I've been sitting here for several hours, and probably opened the window before registration was available.

I got in after 2 hours 15 min of waiting but when I tried to log in there was an error with my account. So, I am back to the waiting page. I am getting really frustrated!

I was waiting for about an hour using Mozilla on my laptop, then decided to open up IE and try on my desktop while I waited, and I got in within like 5 minutes on IE. Kinda pissed me off, but I'm all good and registered.

I was waiting for about an hour using Mozilla on my laptop, then decided to open up IE and try on my desktop while I waited, and I got in within like 5 minutes on IE. Kinda pissed me off, but I'm all good and registered.

wow that's ridiculous. 5 minutes?! I wish I had extra computers to do that.

After getting the error and re-opening a window I only had to wait about 15 min before I got in and registered. Good luck to everyone else registering today!

Waiting like this sucks. I was in at 8:15am this morning and registration for the June test was not available for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Welp, finally registered. I waited from about 8:30-10:00am

This is my first post here, too. Hello everyone!

Welp, finally registered. I waited from about 8:30-10:00am

This is my first post here, too. Hello everyone!
i waited in that time frame as well. had one computer start at 8:30, and another start at 9:10 for the reason BRRF stated, just in case. got in with the first computer.

i actually tried to do it this morning at 7:30, got in at 8, typed in my user name and pass, and then i get an ERROR page. it really sucked. so just make sure you use your mouse and click Log In rather than press enter after you type your password...it might not make a difference, but i didn't get an error page after that.

I've been waiting for an hour.....got in once and got an "error" page. Still not-so-patiently waiting my turn....

I waited for about 2.5 hours and FINALLY got a spot for the 18th. Didn't get the afternoon spot I wanted but got the morning one instead. Don't give up!

I waited for about 2.5 hours and FINALLY got a spot for the 18th. Didn't get the afternoon spot I wanted but got the morning one instead. Don't give up!
i had the morning the first time i did it. def went for the afternoon one this time. dunno if it will make a difference, but i will get to sleep in, have a good breakfast, run in the morning, relax, and then walk down the street to the testing center

Be patient; it can be frustrating. I registered pretty quickly with a firefox
browser, but a sample size of 1 is not significant.
Good Luck.

I think it is ridiculous that they make us wait, why can't the process be quick, given the fact that we pay $225 for each exam.

These AAMC folks really know how to torment us.

Took me a while, but I got through in the morning. Good luck everyone!

hey im writin 18th as well... it'll be a long and interestin 100 days for me

also one advice DO NOT open multiple web pages or even multiple computers using the same internet connection since the ip would be lthe same..... they even say if u do, ur wait will be longer or u cant even get in....... so open IE/firrefox and well dont stare but keep tabs on it.

i got in no prob, and therez only 2 thing left now... takin the test and selling my car to pay for all this lol

DOH!

i got in line to register, then went over to my tv to play xbox while i waited... after 30 mins i glanced over to see that i had gotten in! i set my controller down, picked up my computer to type in my user name, then BOOM! i was too slow. it went back to waiting screen........ >.<

It took me a while before I was able to registered. Log on at 8am...went to class and came back around 11:20 ish and they let me registered a few minutes after that. They need better servers cause this is ridiculous.

Are u really going to sell your car?

sorry guys, i switched to the 2nd of july. girlfriends graduation is the 14th. good luck!

Okay, so, I'm all registered for the June 18, 2009 2pm administration. Here we go! Good luck everyone!!!

I registered for this date as well.. Is this date considered "early?"

I guess by "early" you mean can you still apply and be early for the Class of 2014?

If yes, then yes! For rolling admissions, it is best to apply before August. You want to have your MCAT score beforehand your apply. We will know the result on the 21s of July and then the next day, you can send all the info.

I guess by "early" you mean can you still apply and be early for the Class of 2014?

If yes, then yes! For rolling admissions, it is best to apply before August. You want to have your MCAT score beforehand your apply. We will know the result on the 21s of July and then the next day, you can send all the info.

yeah im going to have have everything complete except for the mcat score.. i just read somewhere that u should have your secondaries turned around by early august..and i didnt think that was possible for the schools that are waiting on your mcat.. or in my case where i have a marginal gpa.. 3.4 and def need my mcat to supplement the numbers part

Hello 6.18 MCATers, I'll be writing on this date as well. Best of luck studying to you all. :luck: I'll be in and out of here every once in a while so let's get to know each other! I think I'm going to need some motivation down the stretch. It's my second time studying for this. My biggest mistake was not doing enough practice the first time around. For content review, take it slow! Don't rush! Really understand the concepts and make condensed notes that you can review everyday. It will make that huge content review book look less intimidating. After you make a review sheet for each section, start tackling problems and keep a log of problems you get wrong and why. At that time you can go back and update your review notes accordingly. I really hope you all do well. No one should have to go through this test more than once so I'm rooting for all of you! :)

Are u really going to sell your car?

dep on how i do on the freaking test!!! plus i prob wont need a car... a 2cycle should get me through. plus once ur passed the dating phase with little persuation i'm hoping she'll hop on 1 of the cycles.... and we'll start MY jorney down I-5 (or up for that matter) to a medical school

OR shez smarter than that and goes the otherway....

damn i've had too much coffee, time to do a verbal passage

I agree!! Content review is what I'm focused on more this time. I'm going to condense too and try and cycle through my notes daily. Good luck to everyone!!!

yeah im going to have have everything complete except for the mcat score.. i just read somewhere that u should have your secondaries turned around by early august..and i didnt think that was possible for the schools that are waiting on your mcat.. or in my case where i have a marginal gpa.. 3.4 and def need my mcat to supplement the numbers part

I'm in the same boat as you are, so I will be applying the very next day and letting my profs know that hey, need those recommendations and get them ready just in case. good luck.

btw, i will be trying to get in contact with the officials at one of the med schools and see what they have to say about this. will keep updated.

I just registered! I am about to start today, anybody else just start studying? Or have ya'll been studying? Good luck to all!

I just registered! I am about to start today, anybody else just start studying? Or have ya'll been studying? Good luck to all!

Started hitting it in Mid-December. I was hoping to take the March 28 exam, but I'm not ready for it yet, so I pushed it back to June 18th at 8am so that I can go through the BR material as well!

Just think, 2 PM folks, you're going to just be starting your exam when all the early birds are heading out to the bar! I'll certainly "pour some out fo da homies though!" :D

Good luck to everyone!

I'm registered for June 18th as well, at 2:00.

I just wanted to say best of luck to everyone!

Just re-scheduled to June 18 and am pretty hyped about owning the exam on this day. Just out of curiosity, if people who take this test date don't do as well as they wanted to, what is the next test date for them? It seems as though it would be too late. Is this the all or nothing exam day?

Anyway...I'm gonna rip up the morning exam, just watch, I'm gonna get 45T! GL to all!

just signed up for this date as well...wishing everyone the best of luck..just out of curiosity what is everyone's mcat study schedule?

Just re-scheduled to June 18 and am pretty hyped about owning the exam on this day. Just out of curiosity, if people who take this test date don't do as well as they wanted to, what is the next test date for them? It seems as though it would be too late. Is this the all or nothing exam day?

Anyway...I'm gonna rip up the morning exam, just watch, I'm gonna get 45T! GL to all!

No fall back. Definitely the all or nothing exam. I'll have my AMCAS submitted for review before I even sit for the exam, so my apps are going out with this score regardless... Hopefully none of us need a fall back. :D

So, how far is everyone with studying?
I'm still doing content review w/ Kaplan and moving at a very slow pace, Should I be concerned, do you guys advise that I speed it up?

started my prep , mid dec thinking it will be all over by March...but the way things are moving its now June 18 2 pm

I started on Berkley review books for content review n they are massive but I like their way ... .I will be done with my first round of content review by april 1st week.... n then I plan to take one untimed practice test... to see how much I retained ..I am not really focussing on Timing at the moment...and I am yet to start on verbal too ...Rt now my goal is to get content /concepts situated well in my B/N .

Will like to know how others are dealing with the Monster...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU GUYS TOO...LETS STUDY HARD N KRACK IT !!!!!!!!

started my prep , mid dec thinking it will be all over by March...but the way things are moving its now June 18 2 pm

I started on Berkley review books for content review n they are massive but I like their way ... .I will be done with my first round of content review by april 1st week.... n then I plan to take one untimed practice test... to see how much I retained ..I am not really focussing on Timing at the moment...and I am yet to start on verbal too ...Rt now my goal is to get content /concepts situated well in my B/N .

Will like to know how others are dealing with the Monster...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU GUYS TOO...LETS STUDY HARD N KRACK IT !!!!!!!!

I was in the same situation

I started doing kaplan at first, but switched over to TPR. I will be done with content review hopefully by mid april. i will probably take the first one or two aamc practice test to see where im at and identify any content weakness i may have. then review a bit more and finish the rest of the aamc test by first week june. I'm also doing EK 101 and TPR for verbal about once a week. not sure if thats enough though. How is everyone else tackling this test??? best of luck!!