June 18, 2009 MCAT Official Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drudge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

This is just a post for all of us out there who are taking the June 18, 2009 MCAT Test!

First of all, I have been trying for an hour to get in, but the MCAT Registration site says

"Thank You for Your Patience" blah blah blah... wait for your turn!

Anyone else getting that out there?

*** UPDATE: Just got off the phone with MCAT folks and they said not to leave the webpage, or else you will lose your spot and they will open the registration link before noon.

********************** UPDATE 2: I just got in after having waiting since 8:05 AM this morning EST. I had turned on both my laptops and both the home computers. Just wait and you will get in. So, registered at 10:40AM

Once you sign in, everything is just normal! good luck!

*************************** AFTER TAKING TEST---

So friends, took the MCAT on June 18th @ 2PM

I signed in at 1:20PM, but was seated at 2:15PM, they had computer issues, but there were people who came after me and they went ahead of me, made me kind of nervous.

Overall, I felt okay, not good and not that bad.

PS - Some parts were good, but OMG, there were some where I was like, what the hell is this?

VR - WTF? Where do these passages crop up from? They are the most random passages. The one about Thoreau, Whitman was the most awkward one. However, the stupid passage on sperm whale topped in insanity and utter rubbish.

WR - The second prompt that related to dishonesty and friendship. How weird and awkward? I ended up writing about prostitution.

BS - O.M.G.! This was hard! This was harder than the PS in my view. There were some passages that were short, like 2 of them. But, there were one or two that were just tooooo long and weirdly detailed. The one with Colcine Acid or something like that that was injected into the mice, what the hell was that??

On Practice AAMC

PS - 8 to 10
VR - 9 or 10
BS - 9 to 10

Real MCAT Prediction - NO CLUE!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So 6/18/09 (8 AM) was my second try. I wrote it last year on Aug 26. First time i took kaplan prep course and was doing full summer research so didnt have much time to practice.. from what i remember here were my average practice scores:

Kaplan: 32 (lowest - 26) (highest - 35)

AAMC Practice tests: 33 (lowest 28) (highest 36)

---- actual score last year was 28M PS: 11 VR: 7 BS: 10
Feelings right after: I knew I had bombed it. Should have voided but wanted to see the score after 3 months of practice. My estimate was a 30. got a 28.

VR was always my weakest but i underperformed by a huge margin on the actual test and was utterly disappointed.

This year i didnt take any prep courses, i used my friends account for TPR and just did the TPR tests and retook the AAMC practice tests

TPR average: 32 (VR 9 PS 12 BS 11) (highest:35) (lowest 30)

AAMC practice test average: 35 (PS: 13 VR: 10 BS: 12) (highest 38, lowest 32)

However on my last practice AAMC (the day before my actual test) i scored my lowest grade -- PS: 14 VR: 5 and BS: 13 ..

i was really depressed because of the 5 but i know it was an anamoly in an overall streaks of 9 and a few 10s/11s

so after the retake.. here is what i scored on 6/18/09 ---

PS: 12 VR: 10 BS: 12 -- 34Q
Feelings right after: felt good about PS and BS, VR and WS were always my weak sections so didnt wanna make a guess on those. but I was feeling I would get a PS:13 VR: 10 BS: 12
I am really glad I got the 10 and Q because as a canadian the WS score really matters and Q is considered safe for schools and 10 in VR is a must too.

so for any of you guys who are only struggling with VR (which is many of you I am sure) practice EK 101, TPR and then last KAPLAN. Also read the economist website. and always always try to finish all of the 40 questions no matter what..good luck to all who are applying to states and canadian schools

people who are retaking I wish you all the best I went from 28M to 34Q so yes everything is possible! Please PM ME FOR INFO , I HAVE SPENT A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME PREPPING FOR THIS TEST AND I WOULD LOVE TO BE OF HELP!

Last edited:
I got:
P: 9
V: 5
B: 10
Composite: 24N

I'm definitely retaking and applying next year. I really don't think I've got the set of skills that the verbal section tests.

Anyone retake the exam and got a better verbal score the second time around? If so, what did you do to raise it (different strategy, study materials, PR, BR, kaplan, etc.)?

HELP WANTED: I took all the AMCAS practice exams online and was scoring anywhere from 24-29.

Unfortunately I made around 6 point below that---I'm not sure why my practices were so much better than my actual------ANY SUGGESTIONS???

I took all the tests full-length and took the appropriate timed breaks. I'm not sure why my actual isn't somewhat close to my practices.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys

MY AAMC Ave was ps/v/bio 14/10/13

Am test I got 11/8/9 I feel awful right now , I got 35-37 for most of my AAMC I have august 5 to write this again but I have panic attack right now, can not study ,

Wut u guys suggest

PS During the 6/18 test I had afamily problem, I was not myself but I dont mabye I am stupid

Hey guys!

My practice test range for AAMC was 34-38, with a majority of the scores being 35.
On the actual test (8am) I got:
VR 11
PS 12
BS 11
Total 34R

I was hoping for 35/36 but I haven't actually taken orgo yet, and taught myself first semester stuff 2 months before the exam so I guess all things considered I should be happy (especially as I had 3 orgo passages yikes!)

I studied with Kaplan, did all of their online stuff (except the practice exams) and read all 3 of the books which they provide. I also took all the AAMC practice tests, and used my friends orgo textbook to get at least somewhat of a grasp on that!

hi guys

MY AAMC Ave was ps/v/bio 14/10/13

Am test I got 11/8/9 I feel awful right now , I got 35-37 for most of my AAMC I have august 5 to write this again but I have panic attack right now, can not study ,

Wut u guys suggest

PS During the 6/18 test I had afamily problem, I was not myself but I dont mabye I am stupid

Take a few days off to relax. You learned a lot from writing the MCAT so take the time to remember that. If you had a problem with your family during that time, it made things difficult and in general, test taking can be stressful when the exam has significant career implications.

You certainly aren't stupid because your "poor" score was a 28 which is still well above average. Take a step back, do something fun for yourself and review material, do a few more practice tests and remember that you have an ok score under your belt already. No pressure next time around, just write it and you'll do fine.

Hey guys!

My practice test range for AAMC was 34-38, with a majority of the scores being 35.
On the actual test (8am) I got:
VR 11
PS 12
BS 11
Total 34R

I was hoping for 35/36 but I haven't actually taken orgo yet, and taught myself first semester stuff 2 months before the exam so I guess all things considered I should be happy (especially as I had 3 orgo passages yikes!)

I studied with Kaplan, did all of their online stuff (except the practice exams) and read all 3 of the books which they provide. I also took all the AAMC practice tests, and used my friends orgo textbook to get at least somewhat of a grasp on that!

First off, let me say that 34 is a great score. I think my test day performance was similar to yours. My AAMC practice average was around 34 and on the real thing I got a 32. I will not be retaking. 32 is plenty good to be competitive at MC of GA. It's also very impressive that you did so well without taking orgo yet. It will definitely help, but its hard to say how much. The organic on the pm session was almost zero with only one passage, but your test had three. I would say only retake if you KNOW that you will improve. It's not going to look good if your score goes down. Where do you plan on applying?

So 6/18/09 (8 AM) was my second try. I wrote it last year on Aug 26. First time i took kaplan prep course and was doing full summer research so didnt have much time to practice.. from what i remember here were my average practice scores:

Kaplan: 32 (lowest - 26) (highest - 35)

AAMC Practice tests: 33 (lowest 28) (highest 36)

---- actual score last year was 28M PS: 11 VR: 7 BS: 10
Feelings right after: I knew I had bombed it. Should have voided but wanted to see the score after 3 months of practice. My estimate was a 30. got a 28.

VR was always my weakest but i underperformed by a huge margin on the actual test and was utterly disappointed.

This year i didnt take any prep courses, i used my friends account for TPR and just did the TPR tests and retook the AAMC practice tests

TPR average: 32 (VR 9 PS 12 BS 11) (highest:35) (lowest 30)

AAMC practice test average: 35 (PS: 13 VR: 10 BS: 12) (highest 38, lowest 32)

However on my last practice AAMC (the day before my actual test) i scored my lowest grade -- PS: 14 VR: 5 and BS: 13 ..

i was really depressed because of the 5 but i know it was an anamoly in an overall streaks of 9 and a few 10s/11s

so after the retake.. here is what i scored on 6/18/09 ---

PS: 12 VR: 10 BS: 12 -- 34Q
Feelings right after: felt good about PS and BS, VR and WS were always my weak sections so didnt wanna make a guess on those. but I was feeling I would get a PS:13 VR: 10 BS: 12
I am really glad I got the 10 and Q because as a canadian the WS score really matters and Q is considered safe for schools and 10 in VR is a must too.

so for any of you guys who are only struggling with VR (which is many of you I am sure) practice EK 101, TPR and then last KAPLAN. Also read the economist website. and always always try to finish all of the 40 questions no matter what..good luck to all who are applying to states and canadian schools

people who are retaking I wish you all the best I went from 28M to 34Q so yes everything is possible! Please PM ME FOR INFO , I HAVE SPENT A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME PREPPING FOR THIS TEST AND I WOULD LOVE TO BE OF HELP!

Congrats bro! glad the hard work paid off.

First off, let me say that 34 is a great score. I think my test day performance was similar to yours. My AAMC practice average was around 34 and on the real thing I got a 32. I will not be retaking. 32 is plenty good to be competitive at MC of GA. It's also very impressive that you did so well without taking orgo yet. It will definitely help, but its hard to say how much. The organic on the pm session was almost zero with only one passage, but your test had three. I would say only retake if you KNOW that you will improve. It's not going to look good if your score goes down. Where do you plan on applying?

I'm applying to every school in the tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT). I dropped out of college four years ago and took almost a year off before restarting in a different college (bad family stuff) and so have 3 semesters worth of WU's. In the last 3 years since starting off fresh I've gotten a 3.97, but I'm scared that my past will rear its ugly head and get me cut with no questions asked sooo I'm applying to about 21 schools in case some reject me purely on the basis of my past. My top choices though are Columbia, NYU, Mt. Sinai, Einstein in that order, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Hey guys

I'd like to hear from those who found a particular section hard on the exam. What section did you find difficult? How did you feel about it? And how you ended up doing? Thanks!

Hey guys

I'd like to hear from those who found a particular section hard on the exam. What section did you find difficult? How did you feel about it? And how you ended up doing? Thanks!

I found PS and VR the hardest...physical had some longgg long passages for me and at one point all the questions involved calculations and i couldnt find the right formulas or values from the passage to use for the question because the passage was so damn long and full of graphs and numbers and formulas lol..it was like torture at that point, so i just guessed on like 8-10 questions...i figured all hope is lost for PS, but i ended up scoring a 10 which is not too bad considering that that's been my average on the AAMC's also. I got an 8 on VR and that's also my average on aamc's. The verbal seemed like it was written by the devil...

As much as I hate to admit it, I enjoyed my PM VR section. All but one of the articles were interesting to me following my strict regimen of economics, psychology, and nature article mapping for VR practice.

PS had some really intimidating passages but I slugged through that okay. BS was fine.

I got:
P: 9
V: 5
B: 10
Composite: 24N

I'm definitely retaking and applying next year. I really don't think I've got the set of skills that the verbal section tests.

Anyone retake the exam and got a better verbal score the second time around? If so, what did you do to raise it (different strategy, study materials, PR, BR, kaplan, etc.)?
I'm experiencing the same dilemma as you. On my practice AAMC exams I was scoring 12-13s on both science sections and on verbal I was averaging a six. I read 101 passages by EK and I did Princeton and Kaplan and I still can't raise my verbal score. I have a 4.0 GPA and published two articles on my research. It's so frustrating because this is the only thing that holding me back. At this point in the game, it pays to apply to DO school; that's what I'm doing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying to every school in the tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT). I dropped out of college four years ago and took almost a year off before restarting in a different college (bad family stuff) and so have 3 semesters worth of WU's. In the last 3 years since starting off fresh I've gotten a 3.97, but I'm scared that my past will rear its ugly head and get me cut with no questions asked sooo I'm applying to about 21 schools in case some reject me purely on the basis of my past. My top choices though are Columbia, NYU, Mt. Sinai, Einstein in that order, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Ya I had a 2.2 my first semester, then dropped out of college for a year (bad personal stuff), then came back and the last two years were around 3.8. It's good to know I'm not the only one with a troubled past. IF we get interviews, though, it will definitely give us something to talk about (overcoming adversity, and all that...). Good luck with your top four choices, but I'm sure you'll get in somewhere.

As much as I hate to admit it, I enjoyed my PM VR section. All but one of the articles were interesting to me following my strict regimen of economics, psychology, and nature article mapping for VR practice.

PS had some really intimidating passages but I slugged through that okay. BS was fine.

i dunno if we are just getting silly since we are pleased with out scores, but i actually like my VS section the best too (i was AM). i actually thought that some of the articles were interesting, and there were somehow no obscene philosophical analysis articles.

So, as I've already posted here, I did much worse than I expected on this test with a 11PS 7VR 10BS 28N

I think that I'm still going to apply this cycle. I don't know if I should just apply to the schools in my state(OH) and that is it (and maybe a few PA schools) or if I should apply to like 20-25 schools and hope I get accepted somewhere. I don't think I have a very high chance at all of getting in anywhere out of state.

What do you guys think?

I have a 3.86 overall GPA and a 3.81 BCPM and average ECs.

Well I told myself I would make my first post after this mcat

I took the July 08 exam after two weeks of studying and my scores were
PS 9
VR 9
BS 10
WR: R

28R
I retook this exam after doing more than the two full lengths I took studying the first time and instead I worked a month and half about 12 hrs a day.
I used all TPR materials for the online course and books and my AAMC averages were about
BS 11.5
PS 11
VR 12

and my actual was 2pm

BS: 13
PS 9
VR 11
WR Q
33Q

I'm content with the verbal and bio, especially since i never got above a 12 on bio. But I worked my ass off on physics, I'm dissapointed its my only score below a bunch of school averages. I've thought of retaking but I figure the risk/benefit ratio is not in my favor but I am wondering what other people think.

I'm also wondering what people think about applying this late in the summer versus waiting another year. I have a full ride to the Michigan Public Health School and I'm debating completing the 2 year program or going to medical school after the first year. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Well I told myself I would make my first post after this mcat

I took the July 08 exam after two weeks of studying and my scores were
PS 9
VR 9
BS 10
WR: R

28R
I retook this exam after doing more than the two full lengths I took studying the first time and instead I worked a month and half about 12 hrs a day.
I used all TPR materials for the online course and books and my AAMC averages were about
BS 11.5
PS 11
VR 12

and my actual was 2pm

PS 9
VR 11
WR Q
33Q

I'm content with the verbal and bio, especially since i never got above a 12 on bio. But I worked my ass off on physics, I'm dissapointed its my only score below a bunch of school averages. I've thought of retaking but I figure the risk/benefit ratio is not in my favor but I am wondering what other people think.

I'm also wondering what people think about applying this late in the summer versus waiting another year. I have a full ride to the Michigan Public Health School and I'm debating completing the 2 year program or going to medical school after the first year. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Great improvement on the MCAT! I think that is fantastic!

As far as the school of public health I think it sounds like a great opportunity, but I would recommend that you check into med schools that offer a free MS in public health as well if you attend their med school. It will increase your course load, but is also free and could save you 1-2 years. I know Tulane has a program like this, but I'm not sure about other schools. I'm wondering if Tufts has one too.

Either way though, I don't think it matters as far as med school is concerned assuming competitive GPA, etc. So, I would say do whichever you feel would make you happier. I will say this though, if you do the MPH program through Michigan, you should apply for med after your first year, so you can start right after the program ends. This way you don't have to sweat about your scores getting close to expiring if you don't get in after the program. Just a thought.

So, as I've already posted here, I did much worse than I expected on this test with a 11PS 7VR 10BS 28N

I think that I'm still going to apply this cycle. I don't know if I should just apply to the schools in my state(OH) and that is it (and maybe a few PA schools) or if I should apply to like 20-25 schools and hope I get accepted somewhere. I don't think I have a very high chance at all of getting in anywhere out of state.

What do you guys think?

I have a 3.86 overall GPA and a 3.81 BCPM and average ECs.

You do not want to shoot yourself in the foot by applying to that many schools if you are even considering applying next year because you don't want to be considered a re-applicant if you get rejected to all of them due to a weak mcat score.

i dunno if we are just getting silly since we are pleased with out scores, but i actually like my VS section the best too (i was AM). i actually thought that some of the articles were interesting, and there were somehow no obscene philosophical analysis articles.

I agree with your assessment. I took the MCAT in April as well (voided it, thank God), and the verbal was BRUTAL. It had a crazy international politics essay that killed me. This verbal section was excellent except for one passage that was a little confusing (I forgot about its topic a long time ago : )

AAMC Average: 35.8

First Time last year:
Phys: 12
Bio: 11
Verbal: 7
Composite: 30S

This year:
Phys:12
Bio: 12
Verbal: 11
Composite: 35O

Guess I traded some writing juice for verbal juice. little concerned cuz im applying md/phd and this is right around average at the top schools. But, pleased that Im not ever retaking, sheeesh :rolleyes:

I made the exact same score and felt the same way about trading writing juice for verbal juice. I'm so excited never to have to take it again as well!

Alright guys, finally getting around to posting, sorry i've been MIA

AAMC avg: 35....didnt practice WS

Actual 6/18: 35Q (11/11/13)

Woooooooooooo!

I felt pretty confident coming out of the test, though I knew I made some stupid mistakes on PS- definitely couldve (shouldve) gotten a 12 but I can't complain- Never taking this test again!

and of course, i must say to say thanks to everyone on SDN for study advice

Why is this thread still growing? Also don't forget to post on the 30+ thread you guys (cough* jaxasp *cough) and thanks to the ones that already have (MaryLennox, austinap, knivez, TicalTarheel, compass and others I'm forgetting).

Good luck applying,

-LIS

Ya, what's up with this thread? How many people took the MCAT this day?

damn i am a big fan of the 20 40 symmetry. do you think me, a 20 39, has a shot with a girl like that? altho i am applying for class of 2015, i would rather spend my 21st year in college than in med school, no need to gradaute early!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hear you're my successor. Awesome score btw. Also, I'm not graduating early, exactly. I skipped a grade in middle school.

wow you skipped a year in middle school, nice.
i was close to skipping a year of college, but horrible idea in hindsight.
your application kind of scares me though, i dont know if i can talk to you but i will try to carry on the youth tradition :D

wow you skipped a year in middle school, nice.
i was close to skipping a year of college, but horrible idea in hindsight.
your application kind of scares me though, i dont know if i can talk to you but i will try to carry on the youth tradition :D

Why is my application scary? :( Next year, people will be saying the same thing to you.

Why is my application scary? :( Next year, people will be saying the same thing to you.

not to get too picky, but i think a 4.0/40 is significantly scarier than a 3.8/39, i mean as a person with symmetry ocd, unless i get my gpa to a 3.9 so i have a 3.9/39, or retake the mcat to a 38, i just cant compete with you!

Nice Score Mr. Sunshine! My score is exactly identical. 33Q
PS:9, VR:11, BS:13, WR:Q
I was also dissapointed by my PS, but I'm just glad i completed it

HELLPPPPP....

so i am another disappointed mcat taker... i got a 29, but it was a weird 29P for me... PS 9 VR 9 BS 11

It was weird because I took all the TPR and the AMCAS tests, and for the last 8 or so I was averaged a 30 on TPR and a 32 on AMCAS. I know that's not much higher, but their weird part is I almost ALWAYS made a 10 or 11 on VR and PS... so I was weirded out to see those 9's.

I am thinking about retaking August 14... just reviewing and getting my hands on some Kaplan tests I guess? I feel I could do better since I had to rush through the last 2 PS sections on June 18 and I'm sure this affected Verbal. BUT I know the chances of doing a lot better are pretty slim...

In addition I only have a 3.45 GPA, 3.29 BSPM... a lot of good random, leadership, and medical EC's and URM (I hate that it matters but just being real....)

Thoughts? Should I take the risk?

HELLPPPPP....

so i am another disappointed mcat taker... i got a 29, but it was a weird 29P for me... PS 9 VR 9 BS 11

It was weird because I took all the TPR and the AMCAS tests, and for the last 8 or so I was averaged a 30 on TPR and a 32 on AMCAS. I know that's not much higher, but their weird part is I almost ALWAYS made a 10 or 11 on VR and PS... so I was weirded out to see those 9's.

I am thinking about retaking August 14... just reviewing and getting my hands on some Kaplan tests I guess? I feel I could do better since I had to rush through the last 2 PS sections on June 18 and I'm sure this affected Verbal. BUT I know the chances of doing a lot better are pretty slim...

In addition I only have a 3.45 GPA, 3.29 BSPM... a lot of good random, leadership, and medical EC's and URM (I hate that it matters but just being real....)

Thoughts? Should I take the risk?

i'm in the same boat as you. i was gettin 10-11 on verbal, but got an 8 on june 18th 2pm. I believe it was because of the rediculous PS that threw me off: eg disc versus block passage is not a covered mcat topic and many intensive calculations. i'm retaking on August 5th. But with the fact that you are a URM and have good EC's you should get in somewhere.

Fall 2008: 8 PS, 9 VR, 13 BS-->30Q

Spring 2009 practice AAMC scores: 12.625 PS, 11.125 VR, 12.5 BS-->36.25

Actual June 18, 2009 scores: 12 PS, 10 VR, 14BS-->36M

Writing section is stupid.

Apparently, I'm a little late on posting my scores, but here goes...

Practice Scores:

PS average: 11
VR average: 8
BS average: 11

Total:30

Feelings right after test:
Ecstatic. I didn't care how I did on the test. Was just so happy to be done.

Prediction:
32-34?

Predictions about sections:

PS: 11
VR: 9

Total: 33

Actual score:
34P: 10 PS, 11 VR, 13 BS

Comments:

I NEVER got a 10 on a Verbal practice. I got a 9 ONCE. I can't believe I had the courage to take my test on my original date. I felt like practice was crucial. I used both AAMC and Kaplan, although I feel that AAMC prepared me a little better for the verbal section (I thought the passages were longer). I was very surprised to see that I got an 11!

I was a little disappointed with my PS score, but at this point, I don't care... got a 34.

Biology was exactly what I thought it would be. I took the AM test and there was lots of organic. I am an organic TA, so this was a bonus for me.

As far as writing, I'm happy that I got a P. It probably doesn't matter that much since I am only applying to US schools. Honestly, I don't have a strong political background and knew that many of the prompts were politics related, so here's what I did--I watched movies! I rented historical and political documentaries to relax the week before my MCAT and also buff up on some history knowledge. I did end up using some of the information, and I'm happy with my score. I admit it's not the best way to practice, but I was not as concerned about my writing skills as I was about what I was going to write about.

Congrats to those who got good scores! Best of luck to those that need to re-take, or have not taken yet.

I know that scores below a 10 on any section are looked down upon, but I have a friend that got accepted to 4 schools with a VR score of 8 and and overall score of 33. If you feel that your application is otherwise very stong, you may want to take this into consideration. :)

Damn you aamc for putting block versus hoop passage, completely messed me up...wish me luck for august 5th.

Yeah I agree the block, hoop, disc passage came out of nowhere and really threw me off, but luckily it was definitely the experimental passage. I'm absolutely sure after I got my score and knew I missed at least 3 from that passage. But I agree, even though it didn't actually directly affect your score, it still had the possibility of a huge impact. Especially since it was one of the first things you saw from that test, if you knew you bombed it from the start, that can kill you mentally for the rest of the mcat.

Yeah I agree the block, hoop, disc passage came out of nowhere and really threw me off, but luckily it was definitely the experimental passage. I'm absolutely sure after I got my score and knew I missed at least 3 from that passage. But I agree, even though it didn't actually directly affect your score, it still had the possibility of a huge impact. Especially since it was one of the first things you saw from that test, if you knew you bombed it from the start, that can kill you mentally for the rest of the mcat.

i didn't know i bombed it, but it killed my confidence and made me rush through PS and miss potential easy points. it's possible i guessed correctly, but i was second guessing myself continously. at BS i had it out of my mind and I did alright.

Hi, I am just wondering how important the score for WS is.

I took the April 4th MCAT, for which I had less than two months to prepare (with school and work)...I used EK, studied by myself, and got 33R (PS/VR/BS: 12/8/13).

It was okay (considering English is not my first language), but before I got my score back I registered for the pm MCAT on June 18th.

I had more time to study for this one (about a month without school/work)...I used EK 101 passages to practice for VR...my average score on the EK VR practice tests is still 8 before the MCAT (highest 9, lowest 7).

I got a 38N on this one (PS/VR/BS: 13/10/15), I am happy with the 38, but I am worried that the "N" will be too low...I really don't know what happened because coming out of the test WS was the section that I felt the best about (for PS I had to guess, and for VR I didn't even finish the last 4 Qs, just randomly picked the answers)...I don't think my writing had changed that much, but an R and an N??

well, i suppose this thread is dead, i really was tempted to bump, i guess i kind of am, but you've been good to me good old june 18th thread, best of luck in the murky dark caverns that await you in the SDN has-beens heaven:luck:

well, i suppose this thread is dead, i really was tempted to bump, i guess i kind of am, but you've been good to me good old june 18th thread, best of luck in the murky dark caverns that await you in the SDN has-beens heaven:luck:
Its sad that the thread that took down SDN has to die :(

damn this was on page 3 already, wtf
last question - does anyone remember the AM essay prompts, i cannot think of the first one and its making me go crazy
i remember the historians one, anyone remember the other?

damn this was on page 3 already, wtf
last question - does anyone remember the AM essay prompts, i cannot think of the first one and its making me go crazy
i remember the historians one, anyone remember the other?

something about experiences being necessary to persuade or change one's mind... does that ring a bell?

hmm i crisply remember the historians one, really not remembering this one at all, other than the fact that i used empirical at one point and was proud of that

hey guys,

i took the june 18th mcat and got a 37Q (13 VR, 11 PS, 13 BS).

Now i don't know how good of a score that really is after seeing that a lot of people here on these forums have scores just as high.

I was just hoping for an honest opinion regarding the scores.

Also, i only just sent in my amcas today. am i too late in applying or am i still ok? i'm freaking out thinking i might be a little too late. i'd like to know what you guys think about end of july applications.

hey guys,

i took the june 18th mcat and got a 37Q (13 VR, 11 PS, 13 BS).

Now i don't know how good of a score that really is after seeing that a lot of people here on these forums have scores just as high.

I was just hoping for an honest opinion regarding the scores.

Also, i only just sent in my amcas today. am i too late in applying or am i still ok? i'm freaking out thinking i might be a little too late. i'd like to know what you guys think about end of july applications.

AMCAS a bit late, but score is fine.

Never base your opinions off the score average of people who spend hours and hours and hours of their time on a medical forum discussion everything under the sun medically related. You are looking at the higher end of the curve applicants when you come into a thread like this to see everyones score.

If you broke 30 you have a really good score. If you broke 35 you have a great score and if you broke 40, well, congratulations. Scores under 30 can still get you into some of the schools.

You also aren't going to see many people rushing onto the forum to post that they scored 15 on the MCAT unless they had a really great story that went along with it that would explain why they scored so poorly and then they would most likely be reporting a considerably better score when they rewrote the test in August/September.

The only thing you should ever take away from having scores compared to this site is that if you scored well, you are among the elite applicants. If you scored below the 44 average (or whatever ridiculously high number the SDNet June 18th scores ended up at) you still most likely have a great score and are still highly competitive and if you didn't score well, that is why there are dozens of "What went wrong", "How to score 30+ MCAT CBT", "Kaplan Or ???" type topics to help you through any potential for a re-write.

Congratulations on an excellent score.

I know I'm posting late but here is my story. Took the MCAT last year doing Kaplan and got a 25P (9PS, 6VR, 10BS). My highest score on a practice test was a 28. Studied EK and supplemented with kaplan. Did the 101 EK practice passages. I was scoring an average of about 30.5 with about an avg of (11PS, 8VR, 11BS). Felt pretty good since in AL a 30 is avg. matriculant score.

Real Score

8PS
8VR
M WS
10BS

A freaking 26 M! WTF! I don't know what happened seeing as how my lowest AAMC was a 28 and highest was a 33.

I am signed up to take the MCAT Sept 12th hoping that it was a fluke and am doing the 1,001 EK books excluding Organic because thats a waste of time. Im sending in my AMCAS tonight in hopes of a higher score. I'm also applying to DO schools. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks. Unfortunately I am from California and is neither black nor latino...

so 29 looks pretty awful. I think I will retake in September.

I am asian (Turk/Indian). I think I will have a tougher time than anyone else getting into medical school. 29 will be horrible for me, but good for you because the majority of the people in most medical school are white. I don't see that many blacks or latinos in medical schools. It is MY opinion, that med school admissions people operate on a quota system, meaning they take people in accordance with the population. So if 60-70% of the class is white (which is usually the case), it is in accordance with the national application pool. Therefore, I don't think you should worry because white students have a easier time than asians. Please don't get offended. I am just expressing my opinion. I have many Indian friends who got 35+, and didn't get in whereas some of my white friends with lower scores got in.

Just started getting into SDN and found this thread. Took the PM test and got 36Q (12,11,13). Personally, I thought that the test I took was really difficult compared to the AAMC practice tests I took.