June 1st deadline means...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masksof2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, i am confused about the whole June 1st being the deadline for the first lot of applications!!

in order for the application to be considered for before the June 1st lot... does the transcripts, LORs and application (all three of them) have to reach AADSAS before june 1st... or is it that u need to turn in the application and it is ok if transcripts and LORs reach late???

-masksof2004

Members don't see this ad.

So, i am confused about the whole June 1st being the deadline for the first lot of applications!!

in order for the application to be considered for before the June 1st lot... does the transcripts, LORs and application (all three of them) have to reach AADSAS before june 1st... or is it that u need to turn in the application and it is ok if transcripts and LORs reach late???

-masksof2004

RELAX!!!! There is no deadline for the application. but for the first lot, your transcript verification, and LOR should be done ASAP. If you havent sent in anything yet then probably it wont be in the first batch.
BUT YOU HAVE STELLAR STATS....no need to worry....
here have some of theses and ENJOY and CHILLAX!!!

Khaman_Dhokla200.jpg

RELAX!!!! There is no deadline for the application. but for the first lot, your transcript verification, and LOR should be done ASAP. If you havent sent in anything yet then probably it wont be in the first batch.
BUT YOU HAVE STELLAR STATS....no need to worry....
here have some of theses and ENJOY and CHILLAX!!!

Khaman_Dhokla200.jpg

I'm not sure if this is entirely accurate... as long as your transcripts have been verified and grades calculated by ~June 1st, your app should be sent out with the first batch. If my understanding is correct, you don't need to have LORs in for them to send your app to schools - they'll just forward LORs when they receive them... BUT schools won't review your application until it is complete (AADSAS app, LORs, fees, and any supplemental materials).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if this is entirely accurate... as long as your transcripts have been verified and grades calculated by ~June 1st, your app should be sent out with the first batch. If my understanding is correct, you don't need to have LORs in for them to send your app to schools - they'll just forward LORs when they receive them... BUT schools won't review your application until it is complete (AADSAS app, LORs, fees, and any supplemental materials).

I believe this is correct.

The OP is freaking out about June 1st being the deadline. And obviously there is no deadline but the verification should have been done ASAP (i meant ~June1st) and for the schools to review LOR should be in by then also.
But there is no deadline and even if you turn in everything before June 1st doesn't guarantee your application to be in the first batch. It all depends when the verification was done.
Sorry for the confusion.....
But as i said, with those stats it will not make any difference.
and OP now enjoy this:

jalebi.jpg

June 1st is a loosy goosy deadline that people have made up to be included in the first batch. You can submit your application later in June and still be early.

What do you mean by the first batch? If mine is recieved July 1st when do you think my app. will be considered

yea somebody please explain what time (month) frames are considered "early", "average", and "late".

..and do explain 'first batch' etc..you mean people likely to get interviews before december?

thanks you

It's just an artificial deadline that people make up. Submitting your application before then is what people would consider "early".

I would say that early = may or june, middle = july or august, and late is september and on. I know from experience that my first year, i submitted in late august and it didn't get sent out until september, which, as i was subsequently told by my schools, is a bit late. My second year I submitted on may 20 and got 5 interviews before Nov 1. Then again, I have a friend who applied in september to one school and got accepted, so every case is different.

The point is that everyone should submit their app as soon as possible without waiting for LORs or Transcripts or DAT scores.