June boards HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YayPudding

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Looks like I'm in for June boards for the Army. Any real chance left for acceptance into HPSP at this stage or should I plan on a 3-year application come October?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably good for boards- however, congressional scroll approval is where you'll be held back. People board selected in October still haven't been commissioned. I was selected in Feb and still gridlocked.

Reactions: 1 user
Scroll approval is congressional consent to commission? Can one receive HPSP funding if commissioning is delayed? I will be starting school in August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can one receive HPSP funding if commissioning is delayed? I will be starting school in August.

Your school might kick your bill down the road if you have paperwork from the recruiter saying you are approved for the scholarship but just waiting on Congressional gridlock to open up. Most schools know that HPSP students are good for the money (as opposed to other tuition sources). Talk to your recruiter and your school's financial aid/tuition office.

Scroll approval is congressional consent to commission? Can one receive HPSP funding if commissioning is delayed? I will be starting school in August.

I tell everyone in your position to apply for loans. If the scholarship comes through you can pay it back immediately. If not, you can pay it back (plus interest) whenever the scholarship comes through.

It's better to have the money and not need it, than to need the money and not have it.

Reactions: 1 users
I ended up in June boards & awaiting results ATM. @YayPudding can you post when you hear back? Best of luck!

I ended up in June boards & awaiting results ATM. @YayPudding can you post when you hear back? Best of luck!
Will do! No word but I think today is the last day of June boards. We should know in 1-2 weeks