Jurisprudence in all US state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prosthoman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Disregard this one too :)

Members don't see this ad.

I can only answer #'s 1-5. I hope this helps.

In California:

1. RDH's are licensed to give local anesthesia (out of state grads, and graduates from the 80's or earlier need to take local anesthesia and nitrous oxide courses). Some hygienists, however, choose to practice even if they are not allowed to give local anesthesia, nitrous oxide, soft tissue curettage. They would just have to ask the DDS/DMD, or RDH (who is legally allowed to do so) to do it for them.

2. Recent California dental hygiene grads (RDH) are licensed to administer nitrous oxide (see #1).

3. HIPAA requires signed release forms.

4. No.

5. Current CPR certification is required for license renewal.

6. ?

7. ?

8. ?

Prosthoman:

Why are you doing this? Just pick an answer and send it in!!!

I have my old copy of the Oregon Juresprudence Exam, and apparently the questions have not changed. The Oregon Dental Practice Act is available online. All the answers are in it. A good way to look for answers is to use the search feature of the PDF viewer...type in keywords and it finds the section that is relevant.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Geezers
hi, thanks for your advice, I know what you mean, I have read the booklet, and I very much highlighted everything and I am very cool with it. there are other states that I really want to know and I would like to publish a small booklet with similarities and differences b/w the states. Thanks for you help though, I really appreciate it.

1-Can a dental hygenist administer LA to a patient?
In Oregon, yes with a Permit ( class I)
2-Can a dental hygenist administer Nitrous oxide in your state?
In Oregon, Yes with a Permit (class I)
3-can a doctor transfer patient records to another doctor upon verbal request of a patinet in your state? Yes
Yes, the dental practice act says" request" so request can be written or verbal, it don't say it has to be a written req"
4-if a dentist fail the clinical exam section, is he allowed to practice as a hygienits?
No, needs a license
5- Not having a CPR is a unprofessional conduct in your state?
No, it is not
6- how long a dentist should keep the dental record in your state?
in the state of Oregon at least 7 years
7- dental hygeinist can temporarily recement crown for a patient if the dentist isnot in the office.
NOOOOOO...it is prohbited
8- is it manditory to have malpractice insurace in your state.
I am not sure about this one, but it is good to have one for a dentist sake.
:)

Does the question apply to more than one State? California? Oregon? New Mexico?

I've done a bit of technical writing, your project about the jurispru exams and difference in states sounds interesting. sandiego

Does anybody has any info about the NJ jurisprudence exam? Can you please help me with this?