Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

just a little tidbit with amcas

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jbfuq, Aug 16, 2001.

1. jbfuq

jbfuq Member
    7+ Year Member

i came across this while checking my processing status:

Application Processing

Once your application has been submitted to AMCAS, AMCAS performs an initial review to determine if there are any missing or incorrectly completed items that may prevent processing. If omissions or errors cannot be resolved, your application will be returned. You may not submit a corrected or changed application unless specifically requested to do so by AMCAS.

Once your application has passed this initial review:

Acknowledgment of its receipt will be sent to you via e-mail provided you have included a valid internet address. If a valid internet address is not available, you may verify receipt through the Voice Response System or on the AAMC web site. Such acknowledgment does not indicate that your materials are complete or that deadline requirements have been satisfied.

AMCAS will then determine if all official transcripts have arrived. If not, your application will be held until they are all present. You will receive an e-mail notification every ten working days until missing transcripts arrive or until all deadlines have passed.

When your application and all transcripts are on file, AMCAS verifies your Academic Record against your official transcripts, which normally takes 15 working days.

AMCAS is not responsible for materials that take longer to process.

AMCAS will stop verifying your materials and an e-mail notification will be sent if any missing or incomplete transcripts are discovered during verification.

AMCAS may return your application to you and you may miss deadlines if major errors or omissions in course listings are found during verification.

Copyright ? AMCAS

Now i didn't have any problem with my transcripts, but i know that tons of people did.....did amcas do what they said they would do here??

2. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It's spelled Darth Vader.

Andrew

3. jbfuq

jbfuq Member
    7+ Year Member

i personalized it a bit (which is an excuse i use when i misspell something or just plain flat out can't type.

4. Wednesday

Wednesday Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    jbfuq,

How are you checking your processing status?

5. EMDrMoe

EMDrMoe Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have had a ton of transcript problems, which are STILL occurring (I sent requests in MARCH!). I have YET to receive an email from AMCAS that is not a form letter. I'm actually not too stressed about it. Just doing what I can do. I talked to them today and have to send another $15 transcript (#4) just to be sure they get it - like the other ones, lol.