just a tiny question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

galactica2001

ID fellow
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm a 1st year med student and I'm currently a bit confused about which anatomical atlas to use for anatomy lab. I heard that Netter's is better than Grant's.
I'm using Sobotta, but it's not that good, so I'd really like to hear from someone who knows.
Thanks!null :D

Members don't see this ad.

Netter's atlas is by far the best anatomy atlas I've seen. The pictures are detailed, bright, and extremely clear. Grant's atlas is also fairly popular, but I don't think the pictures are as good. However, there are structures that Grant's depicts better than Netter (such as the larynx). Also, Grant's has little boxes at the bottom of every picture telling you what to observe in each picture. From what I've seen, most anatomy professors prefer Grant's because it is much older and has stood the test of time. Netter seems to be the preference for most med students at my school. Hope this helped.

Grant's Atlas is also recommended at my school. I am a 1st year med student currently studying gross anatomy also and I prefer Netter's over Grant's. Another really good atlas is Clemente's. But both Netter's and Clemente's are more "student friendly" than Grant's with more detailed pictures and colorful illustrations.

Members don't see this ad :)
You lazy med students forget those pictures and go with Gray's anatomy... lol just kidding

I just finished anatomy, and I did something not so popular. I used both Netters and Rohen (picture atlas). I found it to be a superb combo and well worth the money.

The beauty of using Rohen is that once I figured out the relationships from Netters, I could move on to "advanced studying" in the Rohen. The Rohen also helped me to preview a little of what I would be cutting into the next day. It saved us time since we knew what kind of thing we were looking for, especially since it's all just that awful tan/grey color. ;) Besides, the Rohen is more what it would look like on the practical. I loved it.

Good luck,
--kris

I can only speak for myself. I used Clemente, and found it to be a piece of junk. As a 4th year going into surgery, I chunked my Clemente and went a bought a Netter which totally rocks. For your dollar, you just can't beat Netter. I also have the photographic Rohen atlas which does work well in combination with my Netter, but the anatomy it points out is fairly basic and may miss some more detailed questions on a practical.

:clap:
firs of all i thank you all. I tried to get my hand on the netter, but got grant(couple of weeks ago :wink: ) instead, i also use the photo atlas and moore's clinical anatomy, so it's quite allright.
thanks again