Just Accepted!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darwin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got the invite to USC today! It's my first acceptance...what a load off my shoulders. Wooo Hooo!!!!! :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

Ccongrats, Darwin! :) That's terrific.!! Care to share anything about your interview there?

Way to go!

Did you get an interview invite or were you accepted to the medical school? They have been saying that they are not on rolling admissions which leads me to believe the do not accept anyone until after most if not all the interviews, but maybe they just tell me that on the phone to quiet me up :D

Congratulations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey SMW...absolutely, I'd like to share anything...what is it specifically you'd like to know? Or would you just like a general overview?

Epi - It's an acceptance. I interviewed last month. Funny, I was always under the impression that they're rolling. I didn't expect to hear from them for another month at least, however.

Hey Epi,

OK..I just called the admissions office to check for you about the rolling admissions. You're right, they are not rolling. However, the lady told me that they do send a few acceptances to those that they consider to be exceptional candidates (wow, I never thought I was one), but that for the majority they like to wait until everyone's been interviewed. Hope this helps, and take care.

Congrats Darwin, that is a fantastic school. I did a lot of research and volunteer work at USC. I don't mind the atmosphere. Plus don't forget that most people live in Glendale or Pasadena, which are both 15 minutes away. Not Bad at all if you ask me. USC is one of my top picks, but haven't heard yet. How was your interview like, who interviewed you, etc? How did you recieve an invitation to interview (phone, mail or email)?

thanks
Altaskier