Just another little "pre-med" needing some advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NatureGirl, Nov 1, 2002.

1. NatureGirl

NatureGirl Junior Member

I am currently doing bad in a pre-req and I was wondering if someone could help (i.e. if they had a similar situation or knew of someone who did). Should I take the passing grade which is rather ****ty and leave it at that or retake it immediately, b/c here you can't go back and retake after taking a higher-level course. Will it even help or will it look just as bad---I mean having to retake a pre-req---yikes. :confused: :( Thanks a bunch!!! (I know, I know...everybody wants to know...will I be okay...am I doomed?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. silver_eyes

silver_eyes Senior Member

Pre-Medical
    hi i am pre med asd well and in the same situation. i got a c- in both of my bio courses and hopefully will get a c+ or B- in genetics. anyway, i say dont stress it. just do as good as u can in the other courses and ull be fine. its doesnt mean if u got a c, that u wont get into med school, thats stupid. anyway, if i were you, dont retake it, it will make u behind. that si what my bio ta who is at dartmouth med now, told me.

4. NatureGirl

NatureGirl Junior Member

Thanks!!!
    I figured the same but I'm just worried. Everybody says that you usually do bad the first quarter/semester of freshman year and that you can compensate later. However, I don't really understand this, because as far as most of this stuff goes. doesn't is just get harder and harder? Oh well, I'll just have to work harder. Good luck to you!!!

5. ::Seabass::

::Seabass:: bringing burkas back!

Yes, the material does get harder, but you will get better at handling it, so you won't even notice. I did poorly (Cs and B-s) in the pre-med classes I took my freshman year and no one has yet to mention them in any of my interviews. Granted I did get As in Organic and switched into an engineering major and did well, but it is really not the end of the world. As long as you get the C required, don't worry about it and just do better next semester. Oh, I also didn't have a gpa above a 3.1/3.2 until the spring of my junior year. I was finishing my pre-reqs the year after I graduated, but just make sure you have it turned around by your sophmore year and you will be fine. Remember if the science gpa average is a 3.5, that means people were getting half As and half Bs. (or something like that)