Just because you print out a coupon, doesnt mean I have to honor it!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pencilandpen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
getting more and more people who wants to fill their oxycodone and adderals thru good rx coupons they print out online. Every day I have to have more and more arguments with people that we dont take good rx on their oxy!!
what do I have to say to make them understand??!!! any tips?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
getting more and more people who wants to fill their oxycodone and adderals thru good rx coupons they print out online. Every day I have to have more and more arguments with people that we dont take good rx on their oxy!!

There is nothing that can be said.

Just take it bro. You're wasting your energy and concern, and starting conflicts... kills the vibe

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Put up a sign at drop-off and pick-up.

GoodRx not accepted here.

Print and post. Done.

You might get complains to corporate that you called them drug addicts.
Despite never phrasing it that way

WAG doesn't allow you to use discount cards for GFD drugs.

Whats GFD drugs? Control substances?

GFD stands for good faith dispensing and refers mainly to oxycodone, hydromorphone, methadone, and any other the RPH at the time deems as fishy. A GFD checklist outlines suspicious aspects about the RX such as "is the prescriber located within reasonable distance?" or "is an actual third party insurance being used." Using your professional judgement, you may refuse to fill the script if too many things seem off.

Just tell them processing will take 2-3 hours. Or they can pay the extra $5 and get it now.

Let me rephrase. It's against policy to use discount cards for GFD drugs.

It is a potential red flag for misuse/abuse if a discount card is used. It is not, however, against policy to use a discount card(unless your district/area implements stricter policies). The use of a discount card should prompt you to dig deeper into why the card is being used. Some of my patients have absurd yearly deductibles in the order of $7000. They know they will never reach their deductible so they don't even try. Hence the use of a discount card instead which is less expensive than their cost through insurance.