Just Bootcamp for DAT? Need to add Crack the DAT PAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UNCafDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have purchased Bootcamp and all of the components recommended within it. I just came from an Open House where current students recommended Crack the DAT PAT. Will using Bootcamp be enough for all portions, inc. the PAT? I don't want to overwhelm myself with too many materials, but I will add if others can convince me. Thanks for any advice regarding either program (or others that you feel strongly about).

Members don't see this ad.

I do not recommend Crack DAT PAT. It may have been good 6 years ago, but now it is way too easy compared to the real PAT.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree Crack DAT PAT was so easy. I only used Bootcamp for PAT. The explanations are awesome especially for TFE.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bootcamp is enough. I used both but saw myself using bootcamp way more. By the end I was just using CDP because I fell guilty for spending so much money on it.

Crack DAT became too easy, use bootcamp cause it even has the generator.

Source: Got a 23 on PAT

Reactions: 1 users
I only used Bootcamp for PAT and not Crack the DAT PAT. The generator was great to practice a few each day. And they're really good at explaining problems through visuals. Ended up scoring a 23.

I would trust the people you met in real life than recommendations from strangers from SDN because some prep companies have a tendency to mass advertise on SDN. So to be frank, don't believe everything you read on SDN. I personally thought CracktheDAT was on par with my DAT so I don't know why people are saying it's easier.

Reactions: 1 user
I would trust the people you met in real life than recommendations from strangers from SDN because some prep companies have a tendency to mass advertise on SDN. So to be frank, don't believe everything you read on SDN. I personally thought CracktheDAT was on par with my DAT so I don't know why people are saying it's easier.
Nearly every section is easier on CDP than the real PAT. Only cube counting is harder

crack the dat have free trial with some free questions, download it and try it for yourself.

I used Bootcamp as my sole resource for the PAT section. I ended up with a 26 on the real exam haha

Members don't see this ad :)
No, do not get Crack the DAT. The PAT was becoming too easy, yet sciences are unnecessarily harder, plus its way too expensive. I'd rather spend that money with bootcamp over and over if I were to do it again. I looked into the first free Bootcamp test before my test date and I really wished i knew about it way earlier. And I just heard about the updates on Bootcamp and I think its definitely worth the money!

Nah, just do DAT Bootcamp and save your hard-earned money. It is very identical in difficulty to the real test. That is all I used to get a 28 PAT in 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. And how many people IRL do you know that are achieving the scores that many do on SDN?

i used both dat bootcamp and crackdat pat. doing More PAT practice exams is only going to help you in the long run, as long as buying Royal flush doesn't hit your wallet too hard. I dont think i would have a gotten a 24 PAT without using both.

Reactions: 3 users
I used CracktheDAT and I thought it was a great resource. Just don't rely on 1 resource, get your hands on as much resources as you can to master the PAT.

I got 25 PAT mainly just using BC. I scored 19/20s on the practice on BC. I think its going through their explanations that helped the most. But more practice never hurts I'm sure.

I got 25 PAT mainly just using BC. I scored 19/20s on the practice on BC. I think its going through their explanations that helped the most. But more practice never hurts I'm sure.
I think the problem with CDP is that it doesn't push you hard enough. I started with a 17 on CDP and by the last exam I took, I got a 23. I thought I was good, but OH BOY the real PAT was hard af

I used both. Bootcamp was much more helpful in the long run but the CDP software/images were almost identical to the real exam which was nice. On the real exam (at least at my testing center) the images aren't as clear as they are on Bootcamp with an HD screen.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

the CDP software/images were almost identical to the real exam which was nice. On the real exam (at least at my testing center) the images aren't as clear as they are on Bootcamp with an HD screen.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This.

agreed ^. bottom line is, the more you practice the better. more practice exams improves your skills and timing, especially for PAT.

On the real exam (at least at my testing center) the images aren't as clear as they are on Bootcamp with an HD screen.

I've always wondered if the ADEA intentionally does this, or if someone working there is really bad at saving images correctly so the quality ends up getting overly compressed.

Reactions: 3 users
I've always wondered if the ADEA intentionally does this, or if someone working there is really bad at saving images correctly so the quality ends up getting overly compressed.

Tbh I don't know if the quality of the image will even matter.

It usually doesn't, it's just weird seeing an official test with low quality images like that (especially when the focus of the test is visual).

Yea that's true. But I honestly don't think it'll really affect your scores so I rather practice with high quality images