Just bought a new car

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
awesome! super charged is the way to go. i'd be seriously impressed if that truck could get 0-60 in 6 secs. my 335 gets there in 5.2, which means that your truck woudnt be far behind. congrats

Members don't see this ad.

awesome! super charged is the way to go. i'd be seriously impressed if that truck could get 0-60 in 6 secs. my 335 gets there in 5.2, which means that your truck woudnt be far behind. congrats

Your 335 is impressive for sure but maybe not enough. My partner has the exact 5.2 0-60 335 you talk of. We will run the two together. I'll let you know.

But in the meantime check this out:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/11/mt-claims-trd-supercharged-tundra-can-hit-60-mph-in-4-4-seconds/

Remember, mine will have 35" Nitto Terragraplers on all 4 so that will slow me down some.

You want to race?

So what does this truck mean to me?

With 35" AT tires a 3" lift and 4 doors with all the room of a SUV and a Cargo area in the rear. It means:
1) I can load all my buddies and their gear and carry them across any terrain just shy of what my Defender 90 can cover.
2) I can get to my favor ski/snowboarding areas faster than anyone else.
3) Or more importantly I can sleep later (very important to me) and still be at the best backcountry spot first.

Members don't see this ad :)
And another thing Zack(?)

I paid at around $10,000 less.:smuggrin:

The only thing that 335 will do better is corner (on pavement).:laugh:

Sorry I'm just excited about the new purchase. I'm sure your leather is nicer.

I'm in as well. Just bought a new ride. Nothin' fancy just a Toyota Tundra with some extras. Extras like a small lift TRD pkg including exhaust.
Oh and I SUPERCHARGED it.

Takes it from 381 hp to a whopping 504 hp.

Pics will follow if anyone is interested. I get it in about a week due to the mods.

PGG, my truck posts a 0-60 time of 6.7 stock if I remember right. NOW, who knows but its in your ballpark I'm sure, sub 6 sec.

WOW! I never knew the Tundra was capable of this kind of horsepower after a supercharger mod. Awesome! Please post pics of it once you get it. I'm sure alot of us are eagerly waiting to see them:)

This will be my first purchase once I'm done and making attending anesthesia bucks, if you like trucks this is about the coolest thing I've seen. Conversion costs about 9K and will work with any 96 model or newer Jeep.
P1010097_d.jpg

This will be my first purchase once I'm done and making attending anesthesia bucks, if you like trucks this is about the coolest thing I've seen. Conversion costs about 9K and will work with any 96 model or newer Jeep.
P1010097_d.jpg

I've seen a few in action and Jeeps are about as trail ready a vehicle as you can buy right off the showroom floor. I just prefer a bit more in cab space. plus if i wheeled with my dogs as I usually do, they would not be my dogs for very long.

I'm in as well. Just bought a new ride. Nothin' fancy just a Toyota Tundra with some extras. Extras like a small lift TRD pkg including exhaust.

Oh and I SUPERCHARGED it.

Takes it from 381 hp to a whopping 504 hp.

Pics will follow if anyone is interested. I get it in about a week due to the mods.

PGG, my truck posts a 0-60 time of 6.7 stock if I remember right. NOW, who knows but its in your ballpark I'm sure, sub 6 sec.

Nice nice...post pics, please.

I just sold my Honda Civic because the med school debts were really starting to add up. That thing was a piece o' crap too. Head gasket blew on me in the summer time ($1200 from the stealership in repairs), and now the input bearing on the tranny blew (another $1150 gone). We just got a record snow dumped on us here too and it couldn't even get out of my neighborhood. This is where having a Tundra would come in handy...or a monsta truck with 4x4.

I've seen a few in action and Jeeps are about as trail ready a vehicle as you can buy right off the showroom floor. I just prefer a bit more in cab space. plus if i wheeled with my dogs as I usually do, they would not be my dogs for very long.

noyac, i'm gona have to disagree with you on this one. That last jeep looks like it's been converted into a party bus, the one that comes with a stripper pole and a built-in keg.:thumbup:

I see no problem with a keg and a stripper pole.

But did you see the interior pics?

http://www.earthroamer.com/galleries/xv-jp_interior/index.htm

Then go to: www.earthroamer.com and check out the Ford truck conversion. That is bad ass. I've seen the trucks in person and they are pimp for a camper.

Members don't see this ad :)
extended warranty 2.1K. Gap insurance $700. Tire coverage $400. MSRP 38.7K. Ended up paying 39k with taxes.

Yeah, i know i got swindled.

Anyway, i drive a lot. probably 15-20 k miles/yr.

I was paying 33.3 k (1k less than invoice) and then they added all this extra crap and i fell for it. God, i feel so cheap.

Anyway, i just hate going to the car dealership. Those people suck.

If someone comes up with a delivery service to your house (once you have negotiated a price online), that would be great.

I just hate paying these roaches so much money. Someones gonna have a merry christmans.

You got a good car however prefer used cars.Cars depreciate too much to purchase one new.

Cambie

The problem that every one keeps forgetting about small cars is that about 80% of the American public would not physically fit inside a small car.
So, although the American car companies CEO's are obviously not rocket scientists they did realize that Americans will not buy cars that can not accommodate their "assets".

Funny, couldn't have said it better myself. Those bloody things are build to fit on european highways and roads not our highways. Do those things even have ABS?

Congrats Noyac on your purchase of the Jap Tundra. Perhaps a pic of you doing a cartwheel in front of the Tundra is in order. Did I ever tell ya about my commercial grade Honda lawnmower? Getcha one of them 2-stage Honda snowblowers and you'll be the talk of the neighborhood! ---Regards, ---Zippy

Congrats Noyac on your purchase of the Jap Tundra. Perhaps a pic of you doing a cartwheel in front of the Tundra is in order. Did I ever tell ya about my commercial grade Honda lawnmower? Getcha one of them 2-stage Honda snowblowers and you'll be the talk of the neighborhood! ---Regards, ---Zippy

I got a Honda snowblower. What do you think, I'm nuts?

Your 335 is impressive for sure but maybe not enough. My partner has the exact 5.2 0-60 335 you talk of. We will run the two together. I'll let you know.

But in the meantime check this out:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/11/mt-claims-trd-supercharged-tundra-can-hit-60-mph-in-4-4-seconds/

Remember, mine will have 35" Nitto Terragraplers on all 4 so that will slow me down some.

You want to race?

Realistically the 335i is under 5s 0-60, also throw a jb3 on the 335i for ABOUT 400$, get 400hp and over 400lb-ft of torque with a lot under the curve..0-60 about 4s , game over tundra.. Sorry couldnt resist. The one thing the 335 does MUCH MUCH better than your tundra is cruise at about 100mph while getting 25mpg.

Realistically the 335i is under 5s 0-60, also throw a jb3 on the 335i for ABOUT 400$, get 400hp and over 400lb-ft of torque with a lot under the curve..0-60 about 4s , game over tundra.. Sorry couldnt resist. The one thing the 335 does MUCH MUCH better than your tundra is cruise at about 100mph while getting 25mpg.

If my partner will line up with me I'll let you know the real results.

I do have one problem though. Every time I stomp on the gas, the back tires just spin ferociously.:soexcited:

Oh, and since you claimed the 335i can perform under 5.0 sec I'd like to see some proof. Obviously, the driver is a large part of the performance. But a stock 335i under 5.0 is rare.

Last edited:
Oh, and since you claimed the 335i can perform under 5.0 sec I'd like to see some proof. Obviously, the driver is a large part of the performance. But a stock 335i under 5.0 is rare.

A stock E46 M3 is listed at 4.8 ... 335s are nice cars, but they're not Ms.

Laryngospasm said:
Vacations depreciate more

Steaks depreciate even faster. :)

Most of the quality items you purchase should only be manufactured in Japan or Germany. The USA should not be allowed to manufacture anything that involves a moving assembly line. The vision I have in my mind of the typical American auto worker is: fat, mallet-handed, 40s, OSA lookin', butt crackin', wearin' shorts and a t-shirt with catsup and relish stains donning worn sneakers. Ok for the guy that wants to mow your yard on a Saturday but not for assembling pecision parts. Yup, prolly will get the vitriol from that CFDavid dude. -----Regards, ----Zippy

This "vision" of yours, have you ever been to an American manufacturers assembly plant? Do you think the dudes on the lines in Germany are the epitomy of the "SS Man"?? Sure, we've all seen the Japanese videos of workers doing jumping jacks on the company lawn, bright and early.....lol

If anything, your veiwpoints just seem to expose your naivite.

Sure, American companies have had their problems, but quality hasn't been a major issue in probably a decade, with some exceptions. But, there are major exceptions to foreign companies as well.

What other American manufacturing sectors would you be so pleased as to see disappear? Do you feel manufacturing is a vital part of our nation's economy? What built the middle class in the U.S., Germany, and Japan?? What is building it now in China and India? While not soley the auto sector, it supports a whole variety of other manufacturing activity, not to mention expenditures on R&D, hiring of PhD's, and skilled engineers and technicians. Yet you seem so eager to see the American auto industry get taken down. Great idea.

Another provacative question for you. Do you feel that it's better to be an export led nation, rather than one that relies so heavily on imports (maybe we can keep "exporting" our entertainment industries so the Chinese can mass-counterfeit them and then distribute that content freely on the internet)?

More to the point, is there anything in common between the Germans and Japanese?? How about a common language and heritage for starters? Homogeneous populations for the most part (thus facilitating less of a "zero sum" game that we see in multicultural societies where a sense of collectiveness doesn't really exist). Do you feel that a common culture (and strong ones at that) is an advantage, or do you buy into the multicultural oasis that our government likes to espouse and our immigration policies make reality? Brazil's pretty multicultural, but mostly they're just known for their women and climate (maybe mixed martial arts as well...). Not really respected on the world stage (aside from their biofules and oil industries). So, perhaps we should stop fooling ourselves here. Because at one point, the US was BY FAR the leading exporter of HIGH QUALITY goods in the world.

Also, when's the last time you've owned an American car? You speak with such conviction.

Ofcourse you may argue how that Honda you so love (or whatever foreign car you drive) is made right here in the USA (but that makes your little "vision" of a US autoworker all the more ridiculous, now doesn't it?). Regardless, the engineering, automation equipment, decision making, and profits get shipped back to the motherland in the end.

***********The decimated state of U.S. manufacturing will be felt by us all. Mark my words, and I can't understate this enough. Really, this is an economic issue, above all.

I suppose I'll just get some immature, pseudo-witty response as is your norm.

Last edited:

I do have one problem though. Every time I stomp on the gas, the back tires just spin ferociously.:soexcited:

Noy, click a pic of your new truck so we can enjoy it too!

Check out the road tests, most are under 5s. Also if its a 6 AT its point and shoot. The e46 m3 is nice, but its no e92m3. Also the HP and torque under the curve is actually higher on a 335i.

Noy, is that your main pad?? Or a chalet you go to? Cause, that's one hellofa view.:thumbup:

That's it dude. The main pad. It's just the wife and I so the place is small and the views are awesome. The views you see in those pics are the ridge behind my house. The opposite side is breathtaking.

That's it dude. The main pad. It's just the wife and I so the place is small and the views are awesome. The views you see in those pics are the ridge behind my house. The opposite side is breathtaking.

Very nice indeed.