Just bought Boards and Beyond, am wondering if I should purchase DIT as well..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SSSMDt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Second year here..

As the title says, I'm wondering if I should buy DIT as well or if that and BnB is overload. Im currently using UFAP+sketchy micro.. I heard a ton of great things about BnB so had to make the purchase. DIT is obviously 8x more expensive so I wanted to get input before making a decision on that.

I'm just worried that I'll overextend myself..

Any input I'm grateful for.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering, is B&B enough to really understand first aid?
Also, if you know First aid, anything else you should use to be ready for Step 1?

I believe it (some may not agree with me). I never read FA. I just followed along and cross-referenced with BB to make sure I was covering everything.
I posted what I did for Step 1 prep in the 2018 Step 1 Experience thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe it (some may not agree with me). I never read FA. I just followed along and cross-referenced with BB to make sure I was covering everything.
I posted what I did for Step 1 prep in the 2018 Step 1 Experience thread.
Right will look at what you posted.

But just fmi, is B&B enough to do well on the USMLE?

Right will look at what you posted.

But just fmi, is B&B enough to do well on the USMLE?

Are you asking if ONLY using B and B will get you good score?

If so, no.

I used Boards and Beyond for my content review in lieu of reading First Aid. I also used:
Sketchy micro/pharm
Picmonic
Pathoma (during school)
Kaplan Q bank
USMLERX Qbank
UWorld Q bank

The key to doing well on boards is in doing a ton of questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you asking if ONLY using B and B will get you good score?

If so, no.

I used Boards and Beyond for my content review in lieu of reading First Aid. I also used:
Sketchy micro/pharm
Picmonic
Pathoma (during school)
Kaplan Q bank
USMLERX Qbank
UWorld Q bank

The key to doing well on boards is in doing a ton of questions.
sorryy!! I meant that.. lol.
I mean in conjunctions with pathoma, sketchy micro and the Qs of course..
I mean is the material from B&B w/ the other sources enough or should you use textbooks and class material?

Of course the Qs too, meaning, UWorld, Kaplan, QBank, but Uworld over the rest.

sorryy!! I meant that.. lol.
I mean in conjunctions with pathoma, sketchy micro and the Qs of course..
I mean is the material from B&B w/ the other sources enough or should you use textbooks and class material?

Of course the Qs too, meaning, UWorld, Kaplan, QBank, but Uworld over the rest.
I think it is. Like I said, I only used B and B and scored well.

Do:
Kaplan,
RX
UW

In that order

I think it is. Like I said, I only used B and B and scored well.

Do:
Kaplan,
RX
UW

In that order
Any reason why Kaplan then RX? M1 with a 1.5 clinical that was unsure if I will have time for all 3. Was leaning on Kaplan this year and UW next. Is there time to do all 3?

Any reason why Kaplan then RX? M1 with a 1.5 clinical that was unsure if I will have time for all 3. Was leaning on Kaplan this year and UW next. Is there time to do all 3?

For me it felt like Kaplan had a lot of extra crap that wasn't high yield and it was making me lose track of big ideas. I felt really solid after I finished RX, but less-so after Kaplan. If I could do it again (which I don't want to do, lol), I would do Kaplan first...

Ufap plus B and B if you like videos and sketchy for micro/pharm maybe path if you like.

I only used B and B for very weak areas (stats)

He has color pdfs tho now with the pictures so it’s probably worth it for everything now. Don’t get DIT lol spend that money on uworld

Ufap plus B and B if you like videos and sketchy for micro/pharm maybe path if you like.

I only used B and B for very weak areas (stats)

He has color pdfs tho now with the pictures so it’s probably worth it for everything now. Don’t get DIT lol spend that money on uworld
I have B&B, using it for almost everything, since I'm more of an auditory learner...
Also using sketchy micro and pathoma.
Is sketchy good for path and pharm? Never tried those.

But is the material you need to know all in B&B, Sketchy, and pathoma? Thanks.

For me it felt like Kaplan had a lot of extra crap that wasn't high yield and it was making me lose track of big ideas. I felt really solid after I finished RX, but less-so after Kaplan. If I could do it again (which I don't want to do, lol), I would do Kaplan first...
Is kaplan really that good? I have Rx Q bank, getting UWorld.

I have B&B, using it for almost everything, since I'm more of an auditory learner...
Also using sketchy micro and pathoma.
Is sketchy good for path and pharm? Never tried those.

But is the material you need to know all in B&B, Sketchy, and pathoma? Thanks.
Not sure I didn’t use pathoma much or B and B besides stats. I remembered most my path from class but according to other 260+ers pathoma was great

Not sure I didn’t use pathoma much or B and B besides stats. I remembered most my path from class but according to other 260+ers pathoma was great
I also didnt have much usmle pharm. had one question on retrovirals I remembered from sketchy lol