Just curious: Do you get a diploma after residency/fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anoncurious

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious: Do you get a diploma after residency/fellowship? both? just curious..

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure I'd call it a diploma (as you aren't earning a degree) but I got some certificates...one for my Chief Resident year, one for the rest of residency and one for fellowship.

Suitable for framing.;)

I don't remember getting any kind of certificate...but we did have a nice dinner. Maybe there was a certificate and I've forgotten it already?

I don't remember getting any kind of certificate...but we did have a nice dinner. Maybe there was a certificate and I've forgotten it already?

Interesting...because every hospital I applied to for privileges wanted copies of my certificates. You might want to look for it, or check with your program.

you should have a piece of paper saying that you satisfactorily completed postdoctoral training in your field (internal medicine).

like winged said, look for it or contact your program.