Just curious. What day do you typically have tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJB

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about the "major" tests...whether you're systems based or have tests over individual subjects, etc...

We typically have "major" tests on Mondays, with things like OPP on Thursdays, and skills lab tests or the written tests for our Essentials of Patient Care on Fridays. Really, the OPP and EPC tests are just held on the days we normally have the labs/groups for those classes with the vast majority of the major systems tests being on Mondays.

I've been wondering for the better part of 2 years if most other places were the same way.

Oh, and if we have scheduled "quizzes", they are typically on Mondays as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an MS1 at CCOM and the only day of the week we havn't had a major test is thursday (weekends don't count of course). Hope that answers your question

i'll be attending NSUCOM and it seems that a majority of their major tests are on monday...any current students please correct me if I'm wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
CCOM 2nd year

mon and wed. 7.30am. sucks.

1st year was mon and fri. 730am. sucked.

At NYCOM, during 1st year, we have our written exam and OMM practical on Mondays every 2-4 weeks. During 2nd year, we have written exams on Mondays, and OMM practicals on Tuesdays.

KCOM 1st year.

Our test schedule is really strange. Written exams tend to fall on mon/wed/fri at 8:00 am. Practicals start at random times, and can be any day of the week. We can have weeks without any sort of examination, as well as weeks with 4 examinations (not counting finals week).

After our exams, we have lecture like any other day.

Interesting.

May I ask what you do for the rest of the day after a test? Classes/meetings scheduled, etc...

They schedule the exams between 730 and 830 in the morning so that they are still able to do a regular class schedule after the test. It really depends on the day. Last quarter we would have exams at 730 am and then have class until 4-5 pm, sometimes covering new material in the class we took the morning exam in. This quarter we only have class to 3 pm, so we usually have class from 9 or 10 until three depending on the when the exam is scheduled at 730 or 830. Classes such as anatomy where we have a practical and written portion, the written portion would be in the morning during the exam time and the practical would be during scheduled lecture time later in the day. Tomorrow we have a neuro exam at 830 and then two new lectures of neuro at 1 pm. So it can vary depending on the class and the quarter we are in. I am a first year by the way. I am pretty sure the second year exams are similar schedule wise.

UNE has block exams for first year, so your day-long exams are on Thursday or Friday. EOM exams are Wednesday. OMM exams Tuesday.

Year two: exams are the day after whatever day you finish the system. Sometimes you get a little time before the exam set aside as study time (half day usually) which is nice.