just curious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ibo man

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many african american predent students are on this forum. Just wandering I heard that the number of african americans applying to dental school continue to decrease every year is this true.

Members don't see this ad.

sorry - i'm a white girl, and honestly can't rember meeting any AA applicants at any of my interviews (though to be honest remember my co-applicants was the least of my concerns) - but i worked with an African girl 2 years ago who was starting dental school at Indiana in the fall of that year

I know that dental schools are trying hard to encourage African Americans to apply. I know all the summer enhancement dental programs such as HCOP programs are aimed for African Americans applicants. Last summer at Marquette, I had the pleasure of working with 8 African American pre-dental students and we all had a blast. African American applicants have always been at a low number and I doubt it's decreasing. If it's decreased, that's because the total number of applicants in the nation applying to dental schools is decreased! Just my thought.

:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah-E
I did my undergraduate studies at UofMN. I will say it was not a pleasant experience, maybe one day we can share our experiences at the U. just a thought

only 1-2 african americans per class at marquette and only 2 in my class.