just doubts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maxilla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
am a indian dental graduate. i have completed my bds in 2002 . have clinical experience for 5 years in multispeciality hospital.
i am now in us and will soon be going back. but after i came here ... i have a very strong urge to continue my career in us. i know very little about boards.and thats how i could see many threads posted here. have few doubts . i would appreciate if someone take time to ans those.
1- do i have to give nbde part 1 and 2 to apply for school.
2- which is the best time to give nbde to apply for schools this year
3- what is dat? do we need to take that apart from national boards
4- how are the credentials evaluated? mean .. does the backlogs affect lot in tht. or its just average.
too many questions?.. am sorry. have many more. thank u for going thru.
expect a reply too. thank u .:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

hi,
am a indian dental graduate. i have completed my bds in 2002 . have clinical experience for 5 years in multispeciality hospital.
i am now in us and will soon be going back. but after i came here ... i have a very strong urge to continue my career in us. i know very little about boards.and thats how i could see many threads posted here. have few doubts . i would appreciate if someone take time to ans those.
1- do i have to give nbde part 1 and 2 to apply for school.
2- which is the best time to give nbde to apply for schools this year
3- what is dat? do we need to take that apart from national boards
4- how are the credentials evaluated? mean .. does the backlogs affect lot in tht. or its just average.
too many questions?.. am sorry. have many more. thank u for going thru.
expect a reply too. thank u .:confused:

Ans: 1. NBDE I is enough to get admission in most schools
2. The best time would be summer, coz' most schools have their application processes open from early Fall or late summer.
3. DAT is not required (may be thats for undergrads) but you will need to clear TOEFL.
4. Credentials are evaluted by ECE. log into their site for more info reg. the process. (http://www.ece.org)