Just filled out my fafsa...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rotinaj

Maintenance
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
But I somehow lost my 1040 and W2s from last year, so I had to round my income/tax numbers to what I remembered. If they don't match up to the dollar will I be totally screwed or if they're close, do you think they'll let it slide. I rounded up to be safe:rolleyes:.

Either way, I figure if an issue arises I can get another copy of my 1040 from the IRS and make it exact the next time around. I was just wondering if anyone's ever had an issue with fafsa before.

Members don't see this ad.

get your tax information and correct it when they send you an SAR.

anyway, it's good to keep tax information handy for at least 7ish years.

As mentioned above, it's OK to submit it and then go back and correct it once you get copies of the forms. I've got to say this is a big reason why I'm a fan of electronic filing -- then you can just go log in with whoever you filed with to get a copy.

I'm not going to say that I advocate being dishonest here because I really don't, but they only verify somewhere around 1/3 of the FAFSA. If you're not selected for verification, I don't think anybody will find out. I'd still recommend requesting the forms and updating it on your own.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.