Quantcast

Just finished DAT...what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akwuiuc

Reaction score
So I just finished the DAT and I'm trying to decide what kind of chances I have for getting in anywhere. I'm from Illinois, and my #1 right now is Midwestern IL, but I also plan on applying to Midwestern AZ, UIC, Louisville, UK, Creighton, Indiana, Iowa, Marquette.

GPA is 3.50, sGPA is 3.29
DAT scores: 19 PA, 18 QR, 23 RC, 19 BIO, 20 GC, 16 OC, 18 TS, 19 AA

I know my stats are all pretty average, the 16 in OC worries me a bit, I had to drop orgo II this semester due to having surgery so I didn't have as great of a foundation on that for the DAT. As far as shadowing I don't have much yet, but by the time I apply I will.. I have a few hours here and there at a general practice, I'm going to Africa to volunteer in a dental clinic for a month (leaving in 5 days for that so I'll apply right after I get back), and then I'll be shadowing the rest of the summer and have a clinical internship for next semester at a local dental clinic 16 hours/week.

Does anyone think I have a chance for any of the schools I'm looking at? Anywhere else I might have a chance?

Paperclipz

Reaction score
I think you're fine. Especially with Arizona and Marquette. I think the 16 OC is passing but I know every school has different cut-offs. Regardless, I think overall you did great. Since you have some free time now, look into emailing the schools you listed and talk directly to admissions. That way you have a real idea of what they are looking for and you can base your decision from there. Best of luck!