Just finished DAT, worried about scores! (PAT Specifically)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fisafisa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys so I just finished taking my DAT and my scores were

PAT: 18 :/
QR: 19
Reading Comprehension: 30
Biology: 22
Gen Chem: 23
Orgo: 24

TS: 23
AA: 24

I'm worried about my low PAT score. How will this effect my chances of getting in to dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

judging by the posts on SDN, you should be ok in the states with those awesome science scores (congrats by the way !)

I could maybe see it being a problem in Canada since Canadian schools love the PAT for some reason

Reactions: 1 user
Since when is getting a 24 a problem. Either your canadian, a very crazy gunner, or something smells fishy ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think your reading and science scores will back you up by a lof. Wow a 30 on reading that is crazy! Congrats on 24AA!

LOL 24 is fine in Canada bro :)

Canadians aren't THAT weird :D
Sure... Sure... Then why do I keep seeing Canadians saying "my stats are mediocre I have a 3.89 GPA and a 22/23 DAT" LOL! Ik the competition is tough up there. I'd be slaughtered before I even get to lift a finger.

Sure... Sure... Then why do I keep seeing Canadians saying "my stats are mediocre I have a 3.89 GPA and a 22/23 DAT" LOL! Ik the competition is tough up there. I'd be slaughtered before I even get to lift a finger.

Haha yes, Canadian schools have stiff competition. However, your GPA might be higher if you studied in Canada, you never know!

It seems that schools down south tend to curve alot, therefore only very few students can achieve the high marks needed in Canada (As and A+s). On the contrary, the canadian school I go to (which is a prestigious one) doesn't seem to curve, meaning that if you know your stuff and perform well, you can score well. Doesn't matter if everyone else got an A, you won't get scaled down.

That said, I'll be honest and say that I chose a very chill/easy program on purpose, so my experience might be jaded.