• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Just finished my DAT. Chance me PLEASE!

nguyenkimphat

5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2011
    So I just finished taking my DAT and i'm feeling a little uneasy because I got a huge migraine during the exam and did horribly in QR and reading. English IS my first language but it got so bad to where I couldn't retain anything I read.
    PA: 19
    QR: 17
    RC: 16
    BIO: 21
    GC: 24
    OC: 22
    TS: 22
    AA: 20
    I have like a 3.55 overall GPA with a 3.5 sGPA. Lots of extracurriculars and such. I'm so exhausted and my head still hurts so i'll write the breakdown later!
    THANKS GUYS!

WHOAH!!!!!! YOUR DAT SCORES ARE ***PERFECT***!!!!!!!!! DO NOT RETAKE !!!

Your grades are Great! Actually, your DAT and GPA are both very similar to mine - and I applied to fifteen schools, got interviews at eight different schools, only went to six different interviews, and got accepted to two schools.

You are in such a good position - you have great scores! MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm super proud of you. Keep up the good work.

emminent

5+ Year Member
    Jan 26, 2014
    1. Pre-Dental
      WHOAH!!!!!! YOUR DAT SCORES ARE ***PERFECT***!!!!!!!!! DO NOT RETAKE !!!

Your grades are Great! Actually, your DAT and GPA are both very similar to mine - and I applied to fifteen schools, got interviews at eight different schools, only went to six different interviews, and got accepted to two schools.

You are in such a good position - you have great scores! MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm super proud of you. Keep up the good work.
      Which schools did you apply to if you don't mind me asking. And when did you submit all your stuff? I already submitted my application but I'm going to take the DAT around the 11th of August. Is that ok?

About the Ads

nguyenkimphat

5+ Year Member
      Dec 16, 2011
        Which schools did you apply to if you don't mind me asking. And when did you submit all your stuff? I already submitted my application but I'm going to take the DAT around the 11th of August. Is that ok?

I don't want to tell you all the schools that I applied to, but what i did is this:

i bought the blue ADEA book of all the dental schools.

I made a list of all the dental schools with the lowest DAT/GPA requirements. I applied to these schools.

I took my DAT on July 17. I turned in my application June 22. I got my first interview September 27.

I don't think that you should retake your DAT exam. Your scores are SO good - why on earth would you retake your DAT exam??

But even if you DO decide to retake the DAT on August 11, I don't think that it would be too late. I was still getting interview invitations in middle January.

Last edited:
        Reactions: 1 user
        This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.