Just finished OAT…chance at admission??

jb0825

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been looking around on some threads here and I wanted to ask for some opinions on what my chances are to get accepted to school. I've only just finished the second year of my undergrad, but I've been working really hard to make sure I have all the prerequisites for applying by the end of my third year (if I got accepted that would be September 2015 admission).

I bought a load of books to study for the OAT but I actually only ended up using the big blue Kaplan book. I really didn't put enough time into studying for the OAT this summer (AT ALL), I basically read through the book once and skimmed through it once, but I am still decently happy with my results. They are as follows..

QR: 360
RC: 350
Bio: 320
GC: 340
OC: 240 (no, that isn't a typo..)
Physics: 310

TS: 300
AA: 320

My current GPA is 3.80 on a 4.0 scale.

So I obviously BLEW OC. I really didn't expect to do as well as I did considering the time I had put in and only being half way through my undergrad, but I was overall pleased. I'm really disappointed that my OC score drags down my total science score but I suppose that's all I can do.

I'm making the assumption that with these scores, and also not having my degree completed the first time I apply, I'm not going to get into Waterloo (I'm Canadian). But I am definitely going to apply to NECO and NOVA. Just wondering what any of you think my chances at getting, at least, an interview, let alone acceptance, at these two schools will be.

Thanks so much for any opinions!!!

Jeanne:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi there!! I'm doing my undergrad, major in Biology, at Memorial University of Newfoundland. I studied for the OAT for maybe a little less than 2 months? My studying was sort of sporadic…I found it realllllly difficult to make the time for it this summer.

If you have the cash to spare I would just try applying for the cycle you were planning on. Your TS score is borderline because of that low OChem score. I hear they like to see at least 300 in every section of the OAT, but I'm not sure if they use the individual scores to determine who gets an interview. Also, if you apply and don't get an interview you can ask them how you can strengthen your application. They may mention there that you should boost your OAT score or whatever else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much!! Pretty bummed that my TS score was brought down so low by OC, hopefully they look at individual scores. And I'm totally ok with writing the test again and this is all why I wanted to get on the ball a year early!

Thanks so much!! Pretty bummed that my TS score was brought down so low by OC, hopefully they look at individual scores. And I'm totally ok with writing the test again and this is all why I wanted to get on the ball a year early!
It's great that you did get on this early! I was of the same mind set as you, which is why I also took it a year before I intended on applying. And if you actually do have to retake it, they don't look down on that at all.

I think you can get in, I would def apply! Ive heard of people with low overall and TS get in! I would def apply, just in case and plus you will get the experience and will know what to do better next time!