Just finished the diagnostic for the Kaplan Online Course....

subedude

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I just wanted some input as to how these diagnostic scores relate to the real thing AND what improvement I can expect to see if I study hard throughout the summer??? Here are my scores..o ya, bear in mind I took this very lightly because I've been a little sick and also for the physics section..ya, I've never taken physics, pretty much just tried my best there..but I am currently enrolled in physics 1 summer A and physics 2 summber B so by the time I take the OATs in August I should be good to go..thanks for your input/help!!!!

AA:290
TS: 260
BIO: 300
CHEM: 280
ORGO: 270
PHY: 200 <---don't know any physics as explained above
RC: 320
QR: 350 <--wasn't paying attention to time and ran out..two questions left

Members don't see this ad.

My OAT compared to my Kaplan Diagnostic was
Kaplan AA 300 TS 320
OAT AA 340 TS350

It seemed like the QR and RC was harder on the actual OAT than Kaplan. Well, the RC didn't seem hard but I only scored a 330 and felt like I got 90% of them right.

Probably good you're taking physics right before taking it. I have been out of school for a while and it's been 5 years since my physics courses. With the Kaplan book help I scored a 330 on the OAT.

Yeah the diagnostic killed me too. I think I scored somewhere around 310-320. However, on the OAT I had a 360. Kaplan is wayyyy harder. Before you write the test, make sure to do the opted.org practice test, because I scored identically on that as I did on the actual OAT.

Yeah...Kaplan tests are much more difficult than the real thing......don't get too discouraged from your results...and just like the others have said, the practice test from opted.org is a better indicator of the real thing....Good luck :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just curious..is there another diagnostic at the end of the kaplan course? I just wanted to make sure that we are all talking about the same thing...I'm talking about the diagnostic you take before starting kaplan????

Ok well to those who replied to my original question? are you guys referring to the one at the end or beginning of the course?