Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Just finished the diagnostic for the Kaplan Online Course....

Discussion in 'OAT Discussions' started by subedude, May 8, 2008.

1. subedude

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Hey all, I just wanted some input as to how these diagnostic scores relate to the real thing AND what improvement I can expect to see if I study hard throughout the summer??? Here are my scores..o ya, bear in mind I took this very lightly because I've been a little sick and also for the physics section..ya, I've never taken physics, pretty much just tried my best there..but I am currently enrolled in physics 1 summer A and physics 2 summber B so by the time I take the OATs in August I should be good to go..thanks for your input/help!!!!

AA:290
    TS: 260
    BIO: 300
    CHEM: 280
    ORGO: 270
    PHY: 200 <---don't know any physics as explained above
    RC: 320
    QR: 350 <--wasn't paying attention to time and ran out..two questions left

2. tbiv81

tbiv81 Go Gators!!!
    2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    My OAT compared to my Kaplan Diagnostic was
    Kaplan AA 300 TS 320
    OAT AA 340 TS350

It seemed like the QR and RC was harder on the actual OAT than Kaplan. Well, the RC didn't seem hard but I only scored a 330 and felt like I got 90% of them right.

Probably good you're taking physics right before taking it. I have been out of school for a while and it's been 5 years since my physics courses. With the Kaplan book help I scored a 330 on the OAT.

3. Andrea87

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Yeah the diagnostic killed me too. I think I scored somewhere around 310-320. However, on the OAT I had a 360. Kaplan is wayyyy harder. Before you write the test, make sure to do the opted.org practice test, because I scored identically on that as I did on the actual OAT.

4. Jay12

5+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Yeah...Kaplan tests are much more difficult than the real thing......don't get too discouraged from your results...and just like the others have said, the practice test from opted.org is a better indicator of the real thing....Good luck :thumbup:

5. subedude

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    I'm just curious..is there another diagnostic at the end of the kaplan course? I just wanted to make sure that we are all talking about the same thing...I'm talking about the diagnostic you take before starting kaplan????

6. lovelydisaster

lovelydisaster UHCO c/o 2014
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    I think there's one before and after taking the Kaplan course

7. subedude

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Ok well to those who replied to my original question? are you guys referring to the one at the end or beginning of the course?