Just Found My Estranged Dad's Medical Practice Website...

astrife

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2005
427
0
Status
Pre-Medical
I have not spoken to my father, who is a physician in about ten years. He did his medical school education abroad, and when I knew him he was in his residency in the US. I'm now 18 now and I just typed 'Dr. "his last name/mine"' and I found his website. It's so freaking wierd. I'm not going into the family dynamics or anything, but I thought it was appropriate for the pre-med forum considering I'm pre-med and just found this. Wow... sorry... hope someone finds this interesting
 
About the Ads

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
11,826
57
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
astrife said:
I have not spoken to my father, who is a physician in about ten years. He did his medical school education abroad, and when I knew him he was in his residency in the US. I'm now 18 now and I just typed 'Dr. "his last name/mine"' and I found his website. It's so freaking wierd. I'm not going into the family dynamics or anything, but I thought it was appropriate for the pre-med forum considering I'm pre-med and just found this. Wow... sorry... hope someone finds this interesting
oh ok
 

MirrorTodd

It's a gas.
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
16,464
7,567
Nowhere
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Contact him and get him to pay for medical school. No need to be sneaky about it either. Just tell him straight up.
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
MirrorTodd said:
Contact him and get him to pay for medical school. No need to be sneaky about it either. Just tell him straight up.
Absolutely hit your father up style. Heck yes.
 

Looque

Bob Loblaw
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
726
1
35
Hyde Park, Chicago
Status
Medical Student
MirrorTodd said:
Contact him and get him to pay for medical school. No need to be sneaky about it either. Just tell him straight up.
Not a bad idea.

But yeah, that's some crazy stuff. I hope you're handling the discovery alright.
 

Dr. Pepper

Duffman in Disguise
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
1,252
1
Behind the orange juice....
Status
Medical Student
astrife said:
I have not spoken to my father, who is a physician in about ten years. He did his medical school education abroad, and when I knew him he was in his residency in the US. I'm now 18 now and I just typed 'Dr. "his last name/mine"' and I found his website. It's so freaking wierd. I'm not going into the family dynamics or anything, but I thought it was appropriate for the pre-med forum considering I'm pre-med and just found this. Wow... sorry... hope someone finds this interesting
That's certainly an odd way to reunite with him.

Try not to get too rattled. It's your choice: you can either ignore it or use it as an excuse to reconvene with him. I won't sway you either way.
-Dr. P.
 

durfen

I see plans within plans
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
1,650
1
Kaitain
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Young Dr.Skywalker....I am your father.....
 

Dr. Pepper

Duffman in Disguise
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
1,252
1
Behind the orange juice....
Status
Medical Student
durfen said:
Young Dr.Skywalker....I am your father.....
The last person who said that stole my wallet while I gave him a hug.
-Dr. P.
 

TSK

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
372
1
Status
Medical Student
Where's your sense of humor?! I mean, what type of response would one expect from a post like that in an online student forum about applying to medical school, emotional support?!

You're more "lousy" for hoping that someone doesn't get into med school.

akaz said:
That is lousy. I hope you get rejected from med school.
 

akaz

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
May 10, 2006
310
0
Status
Medical Student
Funny talking about their estranged father and a rude response! Where is your compassion?

TSK said:
Where's your sense of humor?! I mean, what type of response would one expect from a post like that in an online student forum about applying to medical school, emotional support?!

You're more "lousy" for hoping that someone doesn't get into med school.
 

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
11,826
57
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
you should so go into his office as his patient. Then sue him for malpractice, or invasion of privacy irrelevant to the chief complaint as he asks you about your life and such ;)
 
About the Ads