Just Found My Estranged Dad's Medical Practice Website...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

astrife

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not spoken to my father, who is a physician in about ten years. He did his medical school education abroad, and when I knew him he was in his residency in the US. I'm now 18 now and I just typed 'Dr. "his last name/mine"' and I found his website. It's so freaking wierd. I'm not going into the family dynamics or anything, but I thought it was appropriate for the pre-med forum considering I'm pre-med and just found this. Wow... sorry... hope someone finds this interesting

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
astrife said:
I have not spoken to my father, who is a physician in about ten years. He did his medical school education abroad, and when I knew him he was in his residency in the US. I'm now 18 now and I just typed 'Dr. "his last name/mine"' and I found his website. It's so freaking wierd. I'm not going into the family dynamics or anything, but I thought it was appropriate for the pre-med forum considering I'm pre-med and just found this. Wow... sorry... hope someone finds this interesting
oh ok

MirrorTodd said:
Contact him and get him to pay for medical school. No need to be sneaky about it either. Just tell him straight up.

Absolutely hit your father up style. Heck yes.

MirrorTodd said:
Contact him and get him to pay for medical school. No need to be sneaky about it either. Just tell him straight up.

Not a bad idea.

But yeah, that's some crazy stuff. I hope you're handling the discovery alright.

astrife said:

That's certainly an odd way to reunite with him.

Try not to get too rattled. It's your choice: you can either ignore it or use it as an excuse to reconvene with him. I won't sway you either way.
-Dr. P.

Young Dr.Skywalker....I am your father.....

jimmycrackcorn said:
fascinating... :sleep:
That is lousy. I hope you get rejected from med school.

durfen said:
Young Dr.Skywalker....I am your father.....

The last person who said that stole my wallet while I gave him a hug.
-Dr. P.

Where's your sense of humor?! I mean, what type of response would one expect from a post like that in an online student forum about applying to medical school, emotional support?!

You're more "lousy" for hoping that someone doesn't get into med school.

akaz said:
That is lousy. I hope you get rejected from med school.

Funny talking about their estranged father and a rude response! Where is your compassion?

TSK said:
Where's your sense of humor?! I mean, what type of response would one expect from a post like that in an online student forum about applying to medical school, emotional support?!

You're more "lousy" for hoping that someone doesn't get into med school.

you should so go into his office as his patient. Then sue him for malpractice, or invasion of privacy irrelevant to the chief complaint as he asks you about your life and such ;)