Just got accepted now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pistol 91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got accepted to DMU and that was my first choice also my first interview. Just got an interveiw at Scholl but its exactly when my deposit is due for DMU. Im on a tight budget so I want to pay and be positive. I loved DMU and the city. Anyways after I decide what is there left for me to do undergrad grade wise. I ask this because I'm a student athlete and it would be great to focus a majority more on my sport. Will they look into how I finished the year acedemically?

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely bomb is a strong word. I have a 3.7 sGPA and 3.6 cGPA so that shows how passionate I am towards school, however, I was really just wondering how much a school would look into your final transcript. If I were to bomb any class that would most likely be a B-.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are already accepted, so I would be surprised if anyone even cares what your final grades are - as long as you pass. Enjoy the remainder of your undergraduate career and the last chance to enjoy organized sports for the rest of your life...you'll get plenty of school once you get here

Thanks thats what I was thinking, so the stats they use for their schools info about what the avg GPA is etc. is already set in stone from my app....just curious.

Just make sure you don't fail your classes. They want to make sure they get your transcript before you matriculate. They're not gonna rescind your acceptance based on the grades you make before matriculating. Seriously, the best advice I can give to anyone that's matriculating next year: go enjoy yourself and do all the things you want to do, because the road ahead is long and not so fun. Congratulations, by the way, you made a great choice in choosing DMU!