Just got back my Canadian DAT results...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KHANSAHAAB

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Academic Average: 19
Science Average: 20
Perception: 16

GPA ~ 3.3
Science GPA ~ 3.1

Should I retake it?

(will be applying to all American Schools next cycle).

Members don't see this ad.

Hey;

hmmmmm......the numbers look pretty gloomy !! By the way, are you Ismaili?

Your GPA and AA are just ok, but your science GPA is not great (below average of probably every dental school) and your perception is not great at all, especially next year when applications are going to be wildly competitive.....that will definitely stick out when adcoms look at your application (especially when you dont have any other stellar numbers to make up for it)......I know that you probably wont have a chance at Temple, which is one of the easier ones to get into......but Im not sure on BU or NYU.

I'd do a bit more research into it and consider retaking it.

I got my numbers back today as well.

Damn, I messed up carving.

Carving 11
PAT 19
Reading 22
Bio 24
Chem 20

AA 22 Sci 22 PA 19

Oh well, the rest was ok. UofT doesn't look at carving and Western just takes the total of all sections so I guess I should be ok. If I had practiced carving, I would have a kick ass total for Western. Oh well, we'll see what happens. One thing is for sure, I have a very very long road ahead, esp with the canadian schools. I'll have to wait til maybe July or August to know where I'll go for sure.