Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Arizona
Status
I've been reading through the interview feedback and that is helpful. I'm going next week--any other words of wisdom or advice for me?

Since it is such a short notice, they had to fax me the itinerary. I only received one-page so I feel in the dark. Any advice would be much appreciated.

DIRTIE

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2004
Las Vegas
Status
Dental Student
The whole day is a piece of cake. I would say that if you want to get in make sure and try to get to know Dr. Ancajas and Dr. Brownstein. Also when you interview with the student and the faculty member tell them hands down that UNLV is your first choice.
Its not the most impressive looking school from the exterior, but the clinical and pre-clinical areas are top notch!

UNLV class of 2009!

OP
Ruprick

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Arizona
Status
Thanks for the tips. I'm looking forward to the trip next week.

Anyone else?

Profchaos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2004
Status
Ruprick said:
Thanks for the tips. I'm looking forward to the trip next week.

Anyone else?
Marry your girlfriend today and get a pet tomorrow, any kind of pet would be fine, raptile, turtle...etc

OP
Ruprick

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Arizona
Status
bump--I'd really like to hear what others think. Also, should I expect an essay on interview day? Any recommendations on where I should stay near the school?

OP
Ruprick

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Arizona
Status
Ugh. There are absolutely no rooms available next week. There must be something huge going on in Vegas. I found one room for $355 for one night! :eek:

Profchaos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2004
Status
Ruprick said:
Ugh. There are absolutely no rooms available next week. There must be something huge going on in Vegas. I found one room for $355 for one night! :eek:
C'mon. Sahara, Circusx2 and Terrible always have rooms from 39$ a night. Just try ahead of time. Vegas is small, from these hotels it doesn't take you more than 10 mins to get to UNLV dental school. Worst case, stay at a strip club.

OP
Ruprick

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Arizona
Status
Profchaos said:
C'mon. Sahara, Circusx2 and Terrible always have rooms from 39$ a night. Just try ahead of time. Vegas is small, from these hotels it doesn't take you more than 10 mins to get to UNLV dental school. Worst case, stay at a strip club.
Therein lies the problem--I received the interview invite yesterday and the interview is next week. Trust me I've checked every single website/hotel and EVERYTHING is booked. The few rooms that aren't are charging an exorbitant rate!

predentchick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2003
Viva Las Vegas
Visit site
Status
NASCAR is in town. Those rednecks take up every $35 dollar room in a 20 mile radius! ;) Jk there nascar fans. Pipe down. Try calling admissions and asking them if there are any students that offer places to stay. There have got to be some. Other than that, I would try flying in and out on the same day. Or driving... whichever it is.

OP
Ruprick

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Arizona
Status
Well I'm leaving for Vegas tomorrow. Any last words of wisdom for me before I interview? I usually don't get nervous for interviews, but today I'm starting to get a little antsy.

ChippedToothOSU

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
OSU Campus
Status
Ruprick said:
Well I'm leaving for Vegas tomorrow. Any last words of wisdom for me before I interview? I usually don't get nervous for interviews, but today I'm starting to get a little antsy.
put $50 on black for me, im feeling lucky