Just got my Biochemistry grade back. How should I notify schools about it?

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
Nov 5, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I graduated a few years ago with a sGPA of 3.44 and a cGPA of 3.55 My adviser suggested that I take Biochem over the summer since it is a requirement for a few schools and I needed to show that I was capable of doing well due to my declining GPA trend.

I basically worked my ass off and got an A in the class even while working 50+ hours a week! But how do I tell schools about this? My primary is already submitted and verified. I have not sent out my secondaries yet. Do you think it would even matter?

candbgirl

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
Are you applying MD, DO or both? I think ACCOMAS will update your GPAs but I'm not sure ACMAS will. Does it make a big difference in your GPA? I guess you call ACMAS and see if they update GPAs and if not plan on sending transcripts to all of the schools.

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
Nov 5, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I don't think it would make a big difference in my GPA maybe raise my sGPA by 0.o4 and my cGPA by 0.02. It's just that I did poorly in Orgo 2 and my senior year. Maybe an A can show them that my senior year was not reflective of my ability.

I don't know if schools would even want transcripts that they never asked for. Not sure how to go about it.

About the Ads

Banco

2+ Year Member
May 28, 2014
Status
Medical Student
You could just send new transcripts as updates via email.

DokterMom

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2013
Status
Non-Student
Save it as news for an update/interest letter for those schools you haven't heard from --

Reactions: futuremdforme
About the Ads