just have a couple of questions....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tina1717

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

i have few questions regarding the whole SMP thing.

first few things about myself
im a senior and i graduate next may. My current GPA is 3.4 (hopin to do better this year). i liketo apply for SMP , but ive got some questions in my mind
for example, i just started to study for MCAT, and i wanna take it in JAn, do u guys think its realistic to take 16, 17 credit hrs each semester and study for mcat at the same time and hoping to get a good mcat score?

I also dont have much clinical experience,did volunteer in hospital for 20 hrs, i know its ridiculously low due to all my excessive partying the first 2 yrs of my undergrad:(...do i have to have reasonbale hrs of clinical experience befor i apply to SMP, or i should take it slowley and focus more on my school and mcat and do all this clinical things next year ?:confused:

hope to hear from u guys ,
thx

Members don't see this ad.

I would hold off on the clinical volunteering until you graduate or in the SMP. You can realistically get into an SMP with minimal clinical experience. I got into several: BU MAMS, UC, and NYMC, and some other with only 3 months of clinical experience.

Focus on your GPA and get a good academic trend going. 17 units of upper division will be hard to manage in itself.