1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Just have to pass this $hi

Discussion in 'Step II' started by GiJoe, Nov 24, 2005.

1. GiJoe

GiJoe Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i have 1 week till step 2 and literally just started to study hardcore now. I was thinking to do 1.5 day OB-GYN (high yield OB) and 1.5 days peds and do first aid step 2 X 4 days and do about a total of 800 usmleworld questions....

i just need to pass this crap....since im taking it in december, i dont think it will have such a huge impact on matching...

what do you guys think?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. StringBean

StringBean Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I think you shouldn't underestimate the power of a step 2 score they will see before match day!

4. Hawkeye Kid

Hawkeye Kid Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

Regardless of whether I agree with your comment, it's kinda mean to say that to a guy that just started studying and has 7 days to bone up. Just a thought.

Joe--Just do your best. Even if you're underestimating the importance of the exam, all you can do now is study up and take the thing. Don't stress out now. Good luck.

5. Lesion Of Doom

Lesion Of Doom The Hemi-neglected One
    5+ Year Member

I don't think his reply was mean. He just was making him aware that his scores still has a chance of being reported before match lists are made. Also, Joe decided to use only a week to prepare hardcore. No offense but does he really deserve sympathy? He must have a handle on this stuff.

6. abcyxz

abcyxz Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Joe - i spent a little more than a week studying. Did usmle world -- about 80% of the questions there and a quick read of secrets. i did really well on the test. you'll be fine i think since it seems u and i took the same approach and mindset. good luck.

7. p54

p54 Member
    5+ Year Member

or you could fail like me who did crush, boards and wards, usmle secrets, and usmle world questions :(