• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Just have to pass this $hi

GiJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2003
    i have 1 week till step 2 and literally just started to study hardcore now. I was thinking to do 1.5 day OB-GYN (high yield OB) and 1.5 days peds and do first aid step 2 X 4 days and do about a total of 800 usmleworld questions....

i just need to pass this crap....since im taking it in december, i dont think it will have such a huge impact on matching...

what do you guys think?

StringBean

5+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Apr 6, 2004
      GiJoe said:
      i have 1 week till step 2 and literally just started to study hardcore now. I was thinking to do 1.5 day OB-GYN (high yield OB) and 1.5 days peds and do first aid step 2 X 4 days and do about a total of 800 usmleworld questions....

i just need to pass this crap....since im taking it in december, i dont think it will have such a huge impact on matching...

what do you guys think?
      I think you shouldn't underestimate the power of a step 2 score they will see before match day!

Hawkeye Kid

15+ Year Member
      Mar 30, 2005
      1. Attending Physician
        StringBean said:
        I think you shouldn't underestimate the power of a step 2 score they will see before match day!

Regardless of whether I agree with your comment, it's kinda mean to say that to a guy that just started studying and has 7 days to bone up. Just a thought.

Joe--Just do your best. Even if you're underestimating the importance of the exam, all you can do now is study up and take the thing. Don't stress out now. Good luck.

Lesion Of Doom

The Hemi-neglected One
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Aug 29, 2005
          Hawkeye Kid said:
          Regardless of whether I agree with your comment, it's kinda mean to say that to a guy that just started studying and has 7 days to bone up. Just a thought.

Joe--Just do your best. Even if you're underestimating the importance of the exam, all you can do now is study up and take the thing. Don't stress out now. Good luck.

I don't think his reply was mean. He just was making him aware that his scores still has a chance of being reported before match lists are made. Also, Joe decided to use only a week to prepare hardcore. No offense but does he really deserve sympathy? He must have a handle on this stuff.

About the Ads

p54

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Aug 16, 2005
            abcyxz said:
            Joe - i spent a little more than a week studying. Did usmle world -- about 80% of the questions there and a quick read of secrets. i did really well on the test. you'll be fine i think since it seems u and i took the same approach and mindset. good luck.
            or you could fail like me who did crush, boards and wards, usmle secrets, and usmle world questions :(

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.