Just have to pass this $hi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have 1 week till step 2 and literally just started to study hardcore now. I was thinking to do 1.5 day OB-GYN (high yield OB) and 1.5 days peds and do first aid step 2 X 4 days and do about a total of 800 usmleworld questions....

i just need to pass this crap....since im taking it in december, i dont think it will have such a huge impact on matching...

what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

GiJoe said:
i have 1 week till step 2 and literally just started to study hardcore now. I was thinking to do 1.5 day OB-GYN (high yield OB) and 1.5 days peds and do first aid step 2 X 4 days and do about a total of 800 usmleworld questions....

i just need to pass this crap....since im taking it in december, i dont think it will have such a huge impact on matching...

what do you guys think?
I think you shouldn't underestimate the power of a step 2 score they will see before match day!

StringBean said:
I think you shouldn't underestimate the power of a step 2 score they will see before match day!

Regardless of whether I agree with your comment, it's kinda mean to say that to a guy that just started studying and has 7 days to bone up. Just a thought.

Joe--Just do your best. Even if you're underestimating the importance of the exam, all you can do now is study up and take the thing. Don't stress out now. Good luck.

Hawkeye Kid said:
Regardless of whether I agree with your comment, it's kinda mean to say that to a guy that just started studying and has 7 days to bone up. Just a thought.

Joe--Just do your best. Even if you're underestimating the importance of the exam, all you can do now is study up and take the thing. Don't stress out now. Good luck.

I don't think his reply was mean. He just was making him aware that his scores still has a chance of being reported before match lists are made. Also, Joe decided to use only a week to prepare hardcore. No offense but does he really deserve sympathy? He must have a handle on this stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Joe - i spent a little more than a week studying. Did usmle world -- about 80% of the questions there and a quick read of secrets. i did really well on the test. you'll be fine i think since it seems u and i took the same approach and mindset. good luck.

abcyxz said:
Joe - i spent a little more than a week studying. Did usmle world -- about 80% of the questions there and a quick read of secrets. i did really well on the test. you'll be fine i think since it seems u and i took the same approach and mindset. good luck.
or you could fail like me who did crush, boards and wards, usmle secrets, and usmle world questions :(