Just in case anyone is wondering if or when Pharmacist pay is going to drop plz see the following!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kevin.Mero

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
State of SC job -- Pharmacist I (State Salary Range: $59,161.00 - $109,457.00 annually)
https://bit.ly/2J1oWSC

Members don't see this ad.

1) isn’t South Carolina extremely cheap?

2) state pension

Sounds about right

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1) isn’t South Carolina extremely cheap?

2) state pension

Sounds about right

SC is not all that much cheaper to live in compared to many other parts of the US, see the following. "The average monthly rent in South Carolina is low compared to the national average. A studio apartment in South Carolina has an average rent of $1,078, $23 above the U.S. average. A one-bedroom apartment in South Carolina rents for an average of$830. That's $170 below the average for the country as a whole."

But if you're going to wait 20 or 30 years for their State pension all while working at 50% of the current Pharmacist pay in many other parts of the US you better hope they can get a compounded 20%+ return on your money ... and that won't happen! I realize it is a State job but that pay is horrendously low!!

Pensions will get haircuts and the US is so overdue for another recession that pensions could be adversely impacted. The only good thing (for pensions) is that interest rates are going up!

But pensions are bagholders for long term bonds. If they're forced to sell before maturations to meet obligations the cap losses will be yuuugggeee.

But pensions are bagholders for long term bonds. If they're forced to sell before maturations to meet obligations the cap losses will be yuuugggeee.

You are correct! In that case if you liked the last recession then you're going to love the one coming up!!

I've seen jobs with ridiculously low salaries posted for years, and yet every subsequent job I take has had a substantial increase in pay.

Public sector jobs in particular can have comically low starting pay. USAJobs.gov will show you plenty of salaries like that.

da fuq are these new characters that seeped in while I was on hiatus, haha

Reactions: 6 users
I've seen jobs with ridiculously low salaries posted for years, and yet every subsequent job I take has had a substantial increase in pay.

Public sector jobs in particular can have comically low starting pay. USAJobs.gov will show you plenty of salaries like that.

I did look and there were a couple of low paying jobs but most seemed pretty normal, even by government standards.