Just in Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Scribe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reading this post! I have been making a lot of threads recently and the same few people usually provide me with input, so I'd really like to thank you all for your consistent help (I won't tag you but you know who you are!)

Anyway, I just want to make sure I'm using this application year wisely to improve my app. "Just in Case" I don't get accepted this cycle.

MCAT = 518, so I don't think a retake is in order (won't expire, just took it a month ago)

GPA = 3.70c 3.68 BCPM (verified) and 3.84 grad GPA (pseudo-SMP)...should I do post-bacc?

~150 clinical vol hours (will be increasing throughout this year to about 300 hopefully)

~200 non-clin vol hours (will try to increase to about 350 this year)

~200 hours of research with a paper submitted for review (2nd author)...will be working in this lab over this year and will try to get another pub

~100 shadowing hours...will shadow PCP DO and other specialties for maybe 50-100 hrs
and am planning on working as a scribe for about 30 hrs a week (scribe interview on monday, wish me luck!)

Does anything appear to be missing? If not, I'd really like to take this time off from school for hobbies as well.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

IF you don't get an accept his year, it won't be because of your stats. Thus, post-bac/SMP will not be needed.

App looks great.

Thanks, @Goro. A thumbs up from you is definitely nothing to sneeze at!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)