just joined the wolf pack of DONE DATers 08/09/10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicUD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What up my SDNers! First off, thanks to all of you & this awesome site for helping me thru this DAT. It made me feel better to have people out there going thru the same things, and feeling what I’ve been feeling. Not to mention all the helpful info I’ve pulled from this site. So thanks a million! Secondly, I studied my butt of for this. Insanely studied straight for 3 months 12hrs a day, and only took 5 days off since the day a started. Gave up my whole life for this, never tried harder for anything. W/ that said, my scores are not where I wanted them. I very disappointed
PAT: 20
Bio: 18
GC: 22
OC:22
RC: 18
QR: 17 :(
TS:20
AA: 19
I was really surprised by a lot of the sections. PAT was a lot harder than I expected, I’ve been getting 22-24 when I practiced. I thought I had pat in the bag..
Bio was freaking ridiculous. I had 2 graphs/drawings on genome which I had never seen anything similar to it was completely confusing.
In QR I was getting 21s or 20s on my practice.. what the heck?
So I guess what I’m looking for is do I need to retake to be competitive for next year’s cycle? I’m not applying this year because I’m only a junior. My gpa is 3.9 and science gpa 3.8
What do you guys think? Im really upset w/ myself..

Members don't see this ad.

Ppl will tell you have a high gpa and an average dat score so you wouldn't need to apply.

Personally, if i was in your shoes i would just study more and retake since you still have a year left before you even apply.

i got the same scores as you in QR and RC and they held back my average too.