Just Lost Concentration By Something....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pslee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure why I can't concentrate these days. I just don't have appetite, don't feel like studying at all. I was all busy, working hard and really trying to get my target score for couple of months, but now, I am like whatever. I just want to get over with this stupid test and get some rest.

Members don't see this ad.

pslee said:
Not sure why I can't concentrate these days. I just don't have appetite, don't feel like studying at all. I was all busy, working hard and really trying to get my target score for couple of months, but now, I am like whatever. I just want to get over with this stupid test and get some rest.

You've got two weeks left. Your burned out... not a good sign. Take a few days off and forget about the MCAT. Then hit it hard up until a few days before the test, at that point there is no amount of studying you can do to save yourself.

Same here. I took 6R yesterday and don't feel like going over it today. On practice test days, I just do the exams and that's it. I should probably start to get to work even though I don't feel like it. I haven't done anything other than take 3 exams and go over the answers for the entire week.

pslee said:

Trust me on this, one day study till late and do not sleep like 3-4am. Torture youself by not sleeping till them and then go to bed and sleep till like 11am. You will then have your brains chemical shifted and can concentrate better!

Thats what I did!

Members don't see this ad :)
sekem said:
Trust me on this, one day study till late and do not sleep like 3-4am. Torture youself by not sleeping till them and then go to bed and sleep till like 11am. You will then have your brains chemical shifted and can concentrate better!

Thats what I did!

That sounds like a terrible, terrible idea, especially if you've been sleeping at times to match test date. :confused: I think it's better to take a few days off... laze around and watch TV or go out with friends. That'll give your brain the relaxation it needs.

I was feeling exactly the same way about a week ago. But I took a few days off, and now I'm like "holy shizzlesticks, the MCAT is in TWO WEEKS!!!!"

So, I'm panicked, but in a good, "I need to get my lazy ass back to studying" way. :laugh:

Hm....I know I shouldn't say anything, because everyone has different goals, and you probably want to get into Harvard or somewhere. But honestly, if you have a 38 right now, I really really wouldn't be as worried. Even if you don't perform as well, a 35-36 is still VERY VERY respectable and puts you above the 90th percentile I would think (or at least pretty high up there).

But to make you feel better, there are still lots and lots of us little people who aren't even breaking 30 yet *cries* =(

pslee said:

honestly, you can listen to whomever you want to here... our advice may always be suspect. Personally, I'm going through the same thing you are. I've taken a disillusioning couple of practice exams, and have exhausted my ambition for finishing this goddamn exam. That said, what you are going through is completely natural. Take a day or 2 off, if you feel the compulsion to study, study something simple like equations. After the rest time, with 1 1/2 weeks left, I suggest taking practice exams and allow your studying to consist of learning from your corrections. On the last three days, hammer any of those topics that you feel are really lacking. You are not in trouble whatsoever, you are going to kick that exam's ass. Know this.