Just need to vent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vixen

I like members
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so we lost our reading week because of the WTC attack, and the professor didn't show up for the first day of classes (not our fault), but although our lectures are almost done, my biochem prof basically is saying "learn it on your own"...for 6chapters! Channels & pumps, metabolism, carbohydrate structure, glycolysis, kreb's cycle and oxidative phosphorylation. If our exams were multiple choice, I wouldn't be complaining that much, but they aren't...and memorizing all those structures...in a week!! Lets not forget I have other finals also...I am trying to focus but I'm buggin a little :mad: :confused: :( :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

OUch ouch ouch...I feel your pain. I've been down the biochem path and know what you're going through. ALl I have to say is good luck on everything, relax (easier said than done), and ace your finals.

At least you didn't receive four rejections in the mail today on top of the fact that i have to undergo blood tests as well. Hope this makes yuou look at the bright side of everything.

But then again I couldn't even imagine being anywhere near NYC back in September or even right now. Good luck. I'll probably be venting after my last final on Wednesday.

sorry about the rejections nebraska...hang in there...w/your quirky personality you'll get in :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Simseema I feel your pain. My biochemistry professor taught our class as a favor to the chemistry department because they were in a bind. Now she thought that she did our CLASS a favor, so she feels that none of the rules of the college apply to her. We have no reading week and our test will cover the same stuff that you mentioned. She bulldozed through the electron transport chain in one two hour class (and I did not learn very much!) Our final is Friday :mad: :mad:
And she really sucked as a Professor too!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well I wanna complain too. The whole semester in Biochem, we had multiple choice exams (due to him having two classes of 150 folks). Then our professor decides to have a write out part on his final exam. It would have been nice if that was the case all along, but to have it on FINALS week is a pain. I got through it today, but the nerve. :D

My condolances; I had an outstanding Biochem teacher and it was one of my favorite classes.

I too am a great Biochem teacher.

I'm perfect.