Just need your opinion...........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Optimistic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I have to admit this is a silly question and probably too late now but I really need some help. I took mcat last august and applied to 17 schools before I got my scores . I did nt send secondaries to 15 of those schools. Recently I received rejection letter from a school that I didnt finish my secondary for, which is making me think that I should have withdrawn my applications as Iam going to be applying again for 2003(probably to same schools) hopefuly if I score well.
Iam confused about whether to withdrawl now or no and if yes should I be honest and tell them that I am withdrawing because of low scores??????

Members don't see this ad.

just write a short letter to each school that you havent been rejected to and have given up on or didnt send a secondary and respectfully withdraw...you need to stay in good relations with the schools if youre gonna be reapplying next year...withdraw soon!

ditto. pull out before you get her pregnant and get into worse trouble. be diplomatic, whatever that means. schools act like good relations means good chances next year (swampman said sumpin about setting up a plan of attack to a school he was applying to with the secretary there, because he wanted to improve his app for the following year. he's done everything she said, and no interview yet).
being nice don't count in medicine...well it counts only if you've got the numbers..at that point being compassionate will improve your chances, i guess.
still, do like ET taught us...beee gooood

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by A. Caveman:
•ditto. pull out before you get her pregnant and get into worse trouble.•••

Oh man, you're going to get in so much trouble for that analogy...

Anyway, I'd suggest you withdraw, but don't give out a reason. Or if you can get ahold of someone at the school, ask what you can do to improve your results next year (aside from the MCATs).

If you don't feel like withdrawing, you could probably get away with leaving your applications in there. If you didn't send away secondaries, they probably aren't even looking at your app. I applied to schools on AMCAS that I didn't do secondaries for, but then again, I don't intend to apply again next year, and don't really need to stay on their good side... :D

personally i don't see why it's necessary for you to withdraw at all. you don't get on a school's bad side simply by being rejected or not returning a secondary. i don't understand why this is even an issue. schools process thousands of applications and they hand out rejections, as well as deal with incomplete apps, all the time, and i don't see how withdrawing your app would keep you in a better position than if you had been rejected.

you were rejected from that one school because you never completed your file there, and brandonite is right in that the other schools aren't even paying any attention to your current applications anyway, because your app doesn't move on to the admissions committee until it's complete, so your AMCAS app is just sitting in a file cabinet somewhere unnoticed. no one has taken notice of your MCAT scores. the school you just heard from is probably one at which you have passed the deadline for a complete file, so they're now cleaning out the incomplete ones. so it's not a rejection that stems from you not being competitive enough--it's a non-offering of acceptance because you never completed your application.

WITHDRAW FORMALLY!!!!

Last year, I withdrew from the process and forgot to withdraw. Around December, I called my schools and asked if it was necessary and all my schools ASKED me to send an official withdrawal letter or email.

You could also contact AMCAS and they are supposed to then tell the schools of your withdrawal.

It is a nice gesture. Even if it is just one less application to process.

bebe