Just noticed a mistake on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lockdoc92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to my second of three interviews this week and I just noticed a mistake on my AMCAS application while preparing for the interview. I put the wrong year for an activity with the right month date range for one of my activities. I am very concerned that this could possibly make me look dishonest to adcoms but at the same time I am not sure if I should be emailing the schools about this? Especially if I am about to be reviewed by the committee? I would absolutely be devastated if this one mistake was the deal breaker out of my entire application.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Leave it alone, it doesn't matter. If someone asks, just apologize for the typo and correct them

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, it's a minor mistake. Chill.

the error you describe is fairly harmless. I would suggest though from personal experience to go into the secondary/ interview process with confidence and a focus on your ability to persuade others of the pluses on your application. One of my interviews went poorly cause i went into the interview unpracticed and unconfident, mainly because I got hung up on the incongruencies in my app.

This is a very serious mistake and your chances at med school are now essentially shot.

I would start looking into plan B.

You have to withdraw your application... just kidding, at this point you're probably better off ignoring the problem. HOWEVER, in my experience some of my interviewers have tried to reconstruct my timeline and they would have noticed if you said you did something at a time when it doesn't make sense. But that's only if it wouldn't make sense.