Just out of curiosity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keibee82

Blue_tooth...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When people come here and say they have low gpa like 2.7 or something, sdners most of times tell them to take some classes in a local UNIVERSITY or go for the masters program. What I was wondering is, don't people have to apply for University or to get into masters program and get ACCEPTED? Under 3.0 gpa is not a great gpa to get into dental school, but isn't it also hard to get into other universities and graduate schools???? They say it like you can get into masters program w/o even applying... whats up with that??

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it's all that difficult to get into your local university's master's program, and they usually have late application deadlines (into the summer). Of course, it depends what master's program you're applying to (SMP's are competitive for example)... but by and large I think most will accept you with close to a 3.0, and into June.

Also, if you can't get into a degree program, you can almost always take classes as a non-matriculated student.