just passed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gilbertgrape

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi

i was never a bright student and my gpa is also low.. 2.95. i took my nbde part one and i thought i had prepared well but i got only the passing minimum.. 75%. now i cant even retake my exam due to the new 2010 rule. what should i do? i know its hopeless but is there anything else i can do? anything towards dentistry?or do you think its better to go back to india?

Members don't see this ad.

Call ADA ....there is that you can register before dec 2009....and take exam in 2010.confirm it....ALL the best

Dear gilbet grape,

Dont ever loose hope. It is true that every adversity in life brings with it a hidden oppurtunity with it. You may feel like quiting but before you quit just try harder. first think you must do is to call ada as dendoc as sugessted and find out about your option of taking again. Even I did not get the score I wanted to the first time I tooke part 1 but with a change in strategy i could improve my score by a 10 marks. i know a lot of average students with hard work and good stategy made a 90 the second time. good luck.

Do not denigrate yourself. Pull yourself together, find out what you can do about the exam and start studying......rest leave it to God!
Marks are not an indicator of your brightness.

Members don't see this ad :)
does d no of attempts made for clearing part 1 really matter ? i mean do d dental schools count tht b4 enrolling d student to d school ?

thanks for d reply... n wats this 2010 new rule ?
icon5.gif

dont quit the race, just becoz you fell one time. things happen with people, but you have the courage n strength of mind to it. As people have suggested, talk to ADA n then go one step at a time. Dont think abt goin bac now. Try your best. I know thoda mushkil hey!, but try.

hi

i was never a bright student and my gpa is also low.. 2.95. i took my nbde part one and i thought i had prepared well but i got only the passing minimum.. 75%. now i cant even retake my exam due to the new 2010 rule. what should i do? i know its hopeless but is there anything else i can do? anything towards dentistry?or do you think its better to go back to india?

hi

Hey cheer up you have enough time, you are better capable of making your score beyond 90 , work hard and just reapply asap.....take your date and study you are all set....since you already hav finished the portions once, in a better position than others who are in the race. GOOD LUCK !

hello
my gpa is below 2
what can i do to compensate it
do i have a chance
kindly need ur advice
plz help
do all universities look for gud gpa

hi

i am confused, you PASSED! you should be happy, are the scores used for something else like future specialization considerations?

hey wantvcudental,, well do u think gettin 75 percent or just passin it taking u some where ,,well the answer is (NO) IMPOSSIBLE ,,with no offense to you gilbertgrape (just do it again as soon as possible,,and iam sure this time ull do better and even ace the exam )..because what i know 75 is not taking any one any where ,,what do u guys think ?????