Just realized I forgot to add dental shadowing experience on AADSAS!! HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazyindy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted the e-application on 8/2 and under professional experiences -> work/volunteer experiences I listed everything except for the dental shadowing experience! I am so angry at myself right now :mad::oops:

Any way to amend this ASAP?

Members don't see this ad.

I mean won't schools know anyway I shadowed by my dentist's recommendation letter?

E-mail the admissions for each school ...NOW

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Shoot. That is a huge mistake! I would definitely notify each school or else they are going to assume you have 0 shadowing hours and you paid a dentist to write a letter of recommendation for you.

I submitted the e-application on 8/2 and under professional experiences -> work/volunteer experiences I listed everything except for the dental shadowing experience! I am so angry at myself right now :mad::oops:

Any way to amend this ASAP?

in all honesty, how can you forget this part? like how how?
do you have like 3 miles stretch of EC record? based on what I read, they do the screening based on AADSAS portal's number.

Reactions: 1 users
yikes. They're not even going to go deep enough to look at the letters with 0 shadowing hours listed.

Ok E-mailed each of the schools about this situation, hopefully they are sympathetic.

I'm also going to call ADEA tomorrow to see if they would let me amend this, my gpa is not verified yet either.

Really freaking out about this. I am so angry at myself! how could I miss the 'dentistry experience' part on the app. ugh :mad::mad::bang::bang:

I don't care if I have to beg the schools in person to review me. I am not waiting another cycle for this!

Really freaking out about this. I am so angry at myself! how could I miss the 'dentistry experience' part on the app. ugh :mad::mad::bang::bang:

I don't care if I have to beg the schools in person to review me. I am not waiting another cycle for this!
5Y9NBoz.jpg

There was a small change I asked to make on my application after my GPA was verified and the ADEA rep said "unfortunately we can't because when you e-submitted you agreed your application was complete" ... BUT in your case I would imagine they'd be more helpful. It's too important.

(Mine was wanting to include an important retake course that was done before my GPA was verified but didn't end up on the transcript my school sent.)

Reactions: 1 user
Ok E-mailed each of the schools about this situation, hopefully they are sympathetic.

I'm also going to call ADEA tomorrow to see if they would let me amend this, my gpa is not verified yet either.

If you're not verified yet, you can still change it... I asked them to delete some of mine after I had submitted it, and they went ahead because it wasn't verified yet.

Also, please be careful how you write your e-mails. You don't want to appear unprofessional.

If you're not verified yet, you can still change it... I asked them to delete some of mine after I had submitted it, and they went ahead because it wasn't verified yet.

WHAT?? REALLY??!! YESSSSS

my gpa isn't verified yet!! omg thanks!!! holy **** if I can hug you right now I would :)

WHAT?? REALLY??!! YESSSSS

my gpa isn't verified yet!! omg thanks!!! holy **** if I can hug you right now I would :)

It's going to be annoying to ask them to fill up stuff for you through the phone. lol good luck. Be careful!

It's going to be annoying to ask them to fill up stuff for you through the phone. lol good luck. Be careful!
I think in that case, they can somehow un-submit it and you can change stuff then e-submit again. But then you'd go to the end of the verification line. That's what one AADSAS guy told me once (I know, very concrete answer lol)

Just out of curiosity, how many times did you review your application before e-submitting..?

Hopefully everything works out and they make the change. Unfortunately mistakes like these give the impression that you do not pay attention to detail.

Reactions: 1 user
YES saved!! called up aadsas today and the manager allowed me to send an e-mail with the shadowing information and she entered it in to my aadsas app!!

HOLY **** I ALMOST SHAT MYSELF! :claps::claps:

Reactions: 2 users