Just realized I forgot to add dental shadowing experience on AADSAS!! HELP!

lazyindy

7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2011
New York, NY
Status
Dental Student
I submitted the e-application on 8/2 and under professional experiences -> work/volunteer experiences I listed everything except for the dental shadowing experience! I am so angry at myself right now :mad::oops:

Any way to amend this ASAP?

OP
lazyindy

lazyindy

7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2011
New York, NY
Status
Dental Student
I mean won't schools know anyway I shadowed by my dentist's recommendation letter?

RuffDay

2+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Shoot. That is a huge mistake! I would definitely notify each school or else they are going to assume you have 0 shadowing hours and you paid a dentist to write a letter of recommendation for you.

darknightzzz

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Aug 4, 2014
Orange, CA
Status
Pre-Dental
I submitted the e-application on 8/2 and under professional experiences -> work/volunteer experiences I listed everything except for the dental shadowing experience! I am so angry at myself right now :mad::oops:

Any way to amend this ASAP?
in all honesty, how can you forget this part? like how how?
do you have like 3 miles stretch of EC record? based on what I read, they do the screening based on AADSAS portal's number.

OP
lazyindy

lazyindy

7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2011
New York, NY
Status
Dental Student
Ok E-mailed each of the schools about this situation, hopefully they are sympathetic.

I'm also going to call ADEA tomorrow to see if they would let me amend this, my gpa is not verified yet either.

OP
lazyindy

lazyindy

7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2011
New York, NY
Status
Dental Student
Really freaking out about this. I am so angry at myself! how could I miss the 'dentistry experience' part on the app. ugh :mad::mad::bang::bang:

I don't care if I have to beg the schools in person to review me. I am not waiting another cycle for this!

A

arkenstone

Really freaking out about this. I am so angry at myself! how could I miss the 'dentistry experience' part on the app. ugh :mad::mad::bang::bang:

I don't care if I have to beg the schools in person to review me. I am not waiting another cycle for this!

There was a small change I asked to make on my application after my GPA was verified and the ADEA rep said "unfortunately we can't because when you e-submitted you agreed your application was complete" ... BUT in your case I would imagine they'd be more helpful. It's too important.

(Mine was wanting to include an important retake course that was done before my GPA was verified but didn't end up on the transcript my school sent.)

Reactions: DentalLonghorn2014

Golfah

2+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2015
New York, NY
Status
Pre-Dental
Ok E-mailed each of the schools about this situation, hopefully they are sympathetic.

I'm also going to call ADEA tomorrow to see if they would let me amend this, my gpa is not verified yet either.
If you're not verified yet, you can still change it... I asked them to delete some of mine after I had submitted it, and they went ahead because it wasn't verified yet.

OP
lazyindy

lazyindy

7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2011
New York, NY
Status
Dental Student
If you're not verified yet, you can still change it... I asked them to delete some of mine after I had submitted it, and they went ahead because it wasn't verified yet.
WHAT?? REALLY??!! YESSSSS

my gpa isn't verified yet!! omg thanks!!! holy **** if I can hug you right now I would :)

hellofuturedentists

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2015
Status
Dental Student
It's going to be annoying to ask them to fill up stuff for you through the phone. lol good luck. Be careful!
I think in that case, they can somehow un-submit it and you can change stuff then e-submit again. But then you'd go to the end of the verification line. That's what one AADSAS guy told me once (I know, very concrete answer lol)

OrthoFriendly

5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2013
Status
Dental Student
Just out of curiosity, how many times did you review your application before e-submitting..?

Hopefully everything works out and they make the change. Unfortunately mistakes like these give the impression that you do not pay attention to detail.

Reactions: DentalLonghorn2014