1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Just received an interview invite from Indiana

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Ruprick, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Ruprick

Ruprick Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Truthfully I'm not sold on PBL but I'm keeping an open mind and am considering going to the interview. To those of you in the know, how full is the Indiana class right now? I understand they only accept 29 out of state residents, so am I wasting my time this late in the game by flying out there? My interview will be in February.

Also, I welcome feedback and impressions of the school.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ASU-devil

ASU-devil Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would go if you haven't been accepted yet. If you have and it's a school you want to go to don't waste your money. It's a good school but the facilities are really old and they do PBL which for some is a drawback.

4. Ruprick

Ruprick Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the tips!

Anyone else have any feedback on how full the class is at Indiana?

5. Comet208

7+ Year Member

Dentist

They said for the 30 out of state spots, they send out 60 acceptance letters on Dec 1. No one knows how many will accept or decline their offer.

6. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I just got an update on AADSAS saying I'm invited for an interview. Honestly I was pretty surprised that I got invited since they emailed me two months ago saying their interview list for seats in the class was full and the interviews they would hold at the beginning of February would be only for alternate spots. I'm just going to go anyways to learn more about the program. PBL doesn't seem all that bad to me.

Hmm... now that I think about it, I never submitted my secondary application fee. :confused: I think I should give them a call. :idea:

7. hockeydentist

hockeydentist 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

From what students told me, PBL is not that bad, you still get the traditional lecture course at IU then add case based learning on top of that. If you're really interested, Indiana website gives a mock PBL cases and dissects down detail by detail for an example.

HD