Just received my COMLEX III results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peppy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was nervous about the new scoring scale that went into effect in February to make this test harder to pass. Thankfully, though, I comfortably passed even though my internship schedule meant that I was not able to put as much effort into studying for it as I did for I and II.

My study resources were Comquest qbank, skimming through Crush Step 3 and (of course) Savarese for OMM. I definitely feel that Comquest is a great resource and I am glad that I did ALL the questions in it.
I'm also glad that I waited until towards the end of my internship to take it, since there were a lot of questions where my experience actually working as an intern came in handy.

The day of the test, I honestly had no idea how I did. There were enough odd/random questions that I wouldn't have been surprised to have done poorly or to have barely passed. However, if my experience is anything to go by, if you are in a primary care type of internship and make an effort to study at least a little bit each night for a couple of weeks, you will probably be okay!

Members don't see this ad.

Peppy - I just checked my score and also passed :thumbup: Congrats! I was very nervous because there were quite a few WTF questions that no preparation could have prepared me for but I ended up doing better than Step I and II.

I used Savarese, Boards and Wards, my good old Step 2 Secrets book, and COMQUEST for questions.

I agree that devoting about an hour each night for 2-3 weeks is enough. There are questions on there that one cannot possibly prepare for no matter how many hours are studied so might as well bank on the ones that you can get. No more COMLEX - time to celebrate :D

Congrats to you also!
I agree that some of the questions are things you can't possibly prepare for and you just have to take your best guess and move on. At least I actually learned something from looking up the answers after the test to some of the really strange questions. :)