1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

just received my complete postcard from drexel

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Doctor Bagel, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Doctor Bagel

Doctor Bagel so cheap and juicy
    Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    all of two months and about two weeks after being complete. wow, they're organized. :rolleyes: seriously, shouldn't they be embarrassed?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Overlap12

Overlap12 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student

Hey, maybe there's still hope for my UC applications!

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=04609

4. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

I think it's the luck of the draw. I received my complete postcard about 4 business days after sending everything in - and I live about 2500 miles away from Philly.
    I hope it means they like my name (they sure as hell couldn't have liked the picture) or something arbitrary like that.

5. Doctor Bagel

Attending Physician
    this randomness just irritates me. what it means is that if they decide to interview me, i won't be scheduled until after their class is full all because they're disorganized, random and maybe, yes, incompetent. where i work, we have timeliness standards, and we try to get everything done for everyone within these standards. it's not such a novel concept, but maybe drexel should investigate it. :thumbdown:

6. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

I think we're all frustrated by it. There are other schools at which I haven't been complete for 1+ month. To tell you the truth, until I looked in the "Drexel Rejections" thread, I was really impressed by Drexel's organization. But a lot of people in that thread highlight the same problems you did. When you couple that lack of organization with the ostensible randomness of the selection process itself you get a lot of frustration and confusion.
    I think a lot medical admissions offices suffer from this organization problem, which is startling because hospital administrators seem like they're on top of their shít. I wonder just where the disconnect lies. I agree that other fields wouldn't stand for this and people would lose their jobs over this kind of stuff.

7. Freakingzooming

Freakingzooming Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

just fyi- last year, I interviewed in january and got in march. They overaccept by a lot more than the class. I think they accept about 600-700 people for a class of 250. Don't worry about the class filling up. Everyone is fair game for getting in any time of the year at Drexel. Although they may have sent you the complete postcard now, it doesn't mean they aren't going to consider you for an interview now or had considered ya before. schools really don't follow any set schedule. just keep your head up.

8. Doctor Bagel

Attending Physician
    apparently, they're already to the end of march with interviews, so if i get an interview invite, i'm guessing it will be in april or something ridiculous like that. i might as well have just sent them my application last week. they should review things and respond to them in the order in which they're received, but i guess they don't because they've already offered interviews to people who were complete after me.

9. Pontifex Maximus

Pontifex Maximus Rads-a-palooza
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I got lucky with Drexel this time around, but yeah, they've been pretty poor for almost everyone.