1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Just received the dreaded MCAT !

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kornphan, Oct 15, 2001.

1. kornphan

kornphan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Got a really low score on verbal.. below 6 .. did good on all other sections.. have an outstanding GPA... so do I still have a chance. As far as I am concerned, out of my whole application my verbal is bad, but other then that I have everything else.. any comments are greatly appreciated.

Korn dawg

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Wow..looks like both you and med_skool_fool just got screwed on that section :(
    He got a 5 on it.
    Sorry to hear that guys.
    While I hate to say it...I really think you should take the test again...if you haven't applied yet, I would recommend against it. If you have already started..then apply to just a few schools. I don't really know for sure...maybe someone else can tell you for sure if a lower score like that would get you in some place. I think some guy got into MCOW with a 6 on the Verbal. Not positive though.

4. aisha

aisha Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

korn phan.. check ur email

5. K271

K271 Member
    7+ Year Member

I was in the same situation with my mcat... got a really low score in the verbal and good scores in the other sections... mediocre GPA... but there is hope! Im actually getting interviews... so don't let a low verbal score get you down. If the rest of your application is good, I wouldn't worry about it

6. allengal

allengal Member
    7+ Year Member

what about if you got good scores (not great) in the Bio and verbal section but a low one in Physical sciences. How do you think they will view that?

7. csgirl

csgirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

allengal: I think having a lower score in Physical sciences isn't as bad as having a lower score in verbal. I think the attitude of a lot of medical schools is "Hey we can teach him/her science... but we can't teach verbal reasoning." But that's just what I think.

Reckoner likes this.
  8. Mary Jane Watson

Mary Jane Watson Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Allengirl:

My lowest score was in PS too (an 8), had a 10V, 11B though... if i'm asked about it, I'll just be honest and say that Physics is not my strongest subject... end of story... so don't worry :).