Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Just received the dreaded MCAT !

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kornphan, Oct 15, 2001.

1. kornphan

kornphan Senior Member

Got a really low score on verbal.. below 6 .. did good on all other sections.. have an outstanding GPA... so do I still have a chance. As far as I am concerned, out of my whole application my verbal is bad, but other then that I have everything else.. any comments are greatly appreciated.

Korn dawg

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

Wow..looks like both you and med_skool_fool just got screwed on that section :(
    He got a 5 on it.
    Sorry to hear that guys.
    While I hate to say it...I really think you should take the test again...if you haven't applied yet, I would recommend against it. If you have already started..then apply to just a few schools. I don't really know for sure...maybe someone else can tell you for sure if a lower score like that would get you in some place. I think some guy got into MCOW with a 6 on the Verbal. Not positive though.

4. aisha

aisha Senior Member

korn phan.. check ur email

5. K271

K271 Member

I was in the same situation with my mcat... got a really low score in the verbal and good scores in the other sections... mediocre GPA... but there is hope! Im actually getting interviews... so don't let a low verbal score get you down. If the rest of your application is good, I wouldn't worry about it

6. allengal

allengal Member

what about if you got good scores (not great) in the Bio and verbal section but a low one in Physical sciences. How do you think they will view that?

7. csgirl

csgirl Senior Member

allengal: I think having a lower score in Physical sciences isn't as bad as having a lower score in verbal. I think the attitude of a lot of medical schools is "Hey we can teach him/her science... but we can't teach verbal reasoning." But that's just what I think.

Reckoner likes this.
  8. Mary Jane Watson

Mary Jane Watson Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Allengirl:

My lowest score was in PS too (an 8), had a 10V, 11B though... if i'm asked about it, I'll just be honest and say that Physics is not my strongest subject... end of story... so don't worry :).